Wyze Cam Outdoor 4.17.1.185 and Base Station 4.16.2.16 Firmware Released - 8/9/21

As I mentioned above, I updated the base station without any problems. It’s the WCO update that keeps failing. The camera itself still functions fine.

1 Like

Update: Last night, I was able to successfully update both of my WCO’s from their respective “Camera → Device Info → Firmware Version” sections (not in the Account → Firmware Update section of the app.)

3 Likes

Same issue here. I am unable to update the firmware on the cameras. Update churns for 5-10 minutes and then reports failed.

• I have power cycled the cameras and the base station(s).
  • I have moved the cameras closer to the base stations.
  • Since I had them dismounted, I did disconnect and reconnect the cameras to the bases with no change.
  • I was able to update the base stations to the latest firmware without issue.
  • Latest WYZE App installed on latest version of IOS.

Hope this helps and saves someone some time. Sounds like an issue on the WYZE side or with the firmware itself.

1 Like

Same thing for me. I was able to successfully updated the firmware on the outdoor camera last night and now both the camera and base station are offline.

I don’t know if something changed on Wyze’s end (no message from them in here), but I tried your advice (update from the individual camera’s settings/device info screen) and was able to update successfully this morning. My WCO is working fine.

1 Like

Same here. Updated through the individual camera’s interface instead of the Firmware section. All running correctly here.

3 Likes

I tried updating from the individual camera’s settings yesterday and the update did not show up , I tried it again today and it showed up and updated successfully , everything is working fine

2 Likes

I tried a cam again just now, I let it run for 15 min. and it still said updating. I know the cam works and has a good signal because it sent an event notification and video 20 min. before I tried the update. Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow, or not. Updates in the past have usually loaded fast, last time I did all 4 cams in about 15 min.

Have you tried updating from the WCO cam’s Settings/Device info screen?

That is where I tried it from.

Same issues for me too. Will not update no matter what I do or where I try from on the app. Reset blah blah blah. No go.

Same here. “Update Failed”. Regardless of method. Very frustrating.

1 Like

I have tried all the ‘solutions’ listed here with no luck yet.

• Reboot Cameras
  • Reboot Base
  • Attempt Update as Group
  • Attempt Update Individually from Device

Thanks for all the suggestions!
John

And still no comments from Wyze. Typical. Why I don’t buy their junk any longer. The reliability has gone south. I have a graveyard of failed Wyze products. Time to recycle at the city dump.

The V2’s are all still working. WCO and V3 failures made me halt further purchases.

However, the robot vacuum has been awesome.

1 Like

as of this date neither will download, keep gettng failure to download, never happened
with these devices before

No comment from Wyze yet? On what appears to be a confirmed issue re: a firmware update advertised 2 days ago in a pinned post? Sorry, but not a good look.

Has anyone experiencing the issue submitted logs or support tickets, if so could you post the numbers for them

Finally got base to update after two days of failing no matter what I tried. My battery life has gone to just a couple of days, not a year old yet. Begged for support, no replies to my need for help. I have 24 of Wyze cameras expect better help. Have Plus on all, but OD will not record to card on either cam or base. What’s going on, Wyze?

This is a user-to-user forum and not a support site for Wyze. Wyze has a presence here, but not the support arm of Wyze. The best way to contact them is by phone at (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT.

follow up, OTC just updated , and so did base station