Wyze Cam OG - Released 1/17/2023

Your help is still appreciated.

2 Likes

The everything else wasn’t directed to Wyze only :wink:

1 Like

Well, I am glad to know we aren’t the only ones that are slow to Canada, but we all need to speed up and support it sooner than we do.

3 Likes

Still not giving us rtsp.

3 Likes

I think the snow makes it hard to ship things :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

No, RTSP is not available currently I am sorry.

1 Like

I won’t let them use that excuse, I know some of the USA gets snow. :rofl:

How do you do that? I don’t see an option to download a clip to my phone.
And Wyze says not an option….

1 Like

Looking forward to the launch.

Might it be a future app feature to save video clips from the SD card without removing it?

1 Like

The app is not out yet, not sure what are you looking at?

1 Like

I just spoke with someone from customer service since the product page didn’t really have info on power. So they said the camera has to be always plugged in. This is marketed as an outside cam for the most part it being weather resistant etc but why wouldn’t you make it like the outdoor cam where you can charge it instead of having to run wire if you are planning on mounting on each corner of your home on the outside? You even have a picture of one mounted on a fence…

2 Likes

Is the base magnetic?

2 Likes

No, it has a swivel mount that can be screwed into it’s mounting location. Or use a command strip style foam tape to mount the base to a location since the camera itself is fairly light. @WyzeDongsheng just mentioned this method during the launch stream.

3 Likes

This has been asked about, I know many would love that feature.

The base is not magnetic, there is a different style of mount on this camera.

Is the sound quality better than all previous cams, e.g. V3 pro?

2 Likes

Can we still press record button to record videos to phone while playing videos recorded in sd card like all previous cams?

2 Likes

I have the same questions. A camera with a power cord for outside is useless as a security camera.

1 Like

I read but may have missed this question: do you need to connect these to a base station? and are you going to start selling base stations separately?

1 Like

From the product page…

Looks like it, also a screen shot from the product page shows that function.

4 Likes