Wyze Cam OG - Released 1/17/2023

Yes, this is still available.

I have not tested that to know first hand.

3 Likes

These do not need to connect to a base station.

2 Likes

Will the cam group streaming problem be fixed in next app update to cover this new cam ? I am still using the previous 153 version.

1 Like

Which problem? The Error -1 issue has been fixed.

1 Like
6 Likes

This is one of the top 10 vote getters on the Wishlist. Please hop over and vote and comment on it here:

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ, Gwen
Can we buy OG in Canada now?

1 Like

Wyze has two lines of cameras: wired and battery powered. Each has pros and cons. All of the current cameras are outdoor weather rated. Just because a camera is wired does not mean it is useless for outdoor use. I personally have five V3 cameras mounted outdoors where I was able to run power to them.

Battery powered cameras have the advantage that they don’t have to be wired to a power source, But they have the disadvantage that you have to take them down to charge the battery periodically. Additionally, to conserve power, battery cameras are not capable of, for example, recording continuously to the SD card among other necessary power conservation measures. For these reasons, I will always opt for a wired camera for any location at which it is at all feasible to run power. That said, I do understand that there are locations at which running power is not feasible. It is for that reason that Wyze also produces battery powered cameras.

4 Likes

Answered above:

2 Likes

When will it be available on the Wyze app so I can use my Wyze Cam OG?

1 Like

I am being told that it is already in the app. No app update is required. It will be enabled server-side by sometime this evening.

5 Likes

I have to reload app to get group viewing working.

2 Likes

I have Wyze App on my phone…

1 Like

For any wired camera, you tap View Playback in the app. While the SD card recording is playing back, you tap the Record button on that screen. When done, you tap the Stop button. The video segment that you just recorded is saved to your phone’s camera roll (Wyze album).

The downside is that you have to wait for the recording in real time. There is a top-10 Wishlist item regarding direct download of SD card clips. Please hop over and vote for and comment on it here:

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/10eh9gv/comment/j4rk2ui/

This issue is still in the progress of being fixed.

3 Likes

We are, and I am the one who posted that lol.

5 Likes

A few select answers from today’s AMA Livestream for the OG cams:

Also said verbally (though the following are paraphrased and not verbatim):

We could do 5x 7x so let us know [what other magnification preferences you may have for telephoto lens options in the future]

Lamp socket can’t power 2 cams, but it can power 1 (but still not control the lamp socket); however the floodlight’s second USB port can power 2 of these cameras.

9 Likes

I bought one to try out. No current need for an additional camera, but I’m curious about the new software platform and chipset. I thought about the 2 pack at first, but with the history of some new product releases falling a little short in actual use, starting with one this time seemed like a good idea.

1 Like

False statement. There are nearly infinitely more security cameras in the world that are NOT battery-powered than those that are.

2 Likes