Wyze cam doorbell v2

I have all 3 Wyze Video Doorbell models. To be honest, it kind of depends. Both the Pro and the v2 are great in different ways:
VDBPro is better for:

• Better Field of View (can see packages right underneath it better) = H:150°, V:150° in the Pro vs H:135°, V:103° in the v2
  • Can be placed anywhere (battery capable, but also can be wired)
  • Can unlock the Wyze Lock Bolt remotely if you need to let in a guest or repairman while you’re away from from
  • Supports using a Digital Chime that can be placed somewhere convenient for you.
  • Connects through the 5GHz band
  • Can give more flexibility with the distance sensitivity using the PIR sensor

The VDBv2 is better for:

• Has a MicroSD card that lets you record continuously so nothing is ever missed
  • Has 2K resolution (higher image quality than the Pro! 2048 x 1536 in the v2 vs 1440 x 1440 in the pro)
  • Can use a home’s existing mechanical chime (or wired digital chime)
  • Is cheaper than the Pro

Both can use Alexa and both will do notifications to your phone, including a VoIP call. Both will sync with the Original Wyze Lock model (only the Pro will use the Lock Bolt model though)

Honestly, they’re fairly similar in most ways, but those are the main ones that most people will care about. In the end it mostly depends on your use case.

Overall I’d say you get a lot more value out of the VDBv2 for the price. It’s generally better unless you don’t have doorbell wiring, or if you use the Lock Bolt (which only syncs up through the Pro).

As I said, I have all 3 models of the Wyze Video Doorbells. They’re all good in different ways, but I would generally push people to get the v2 model unless they have a battery need, need to remotely control the lockbolt, or seeing lower down closer to the door is really important. I hope that helps. :+1:

2 Likes