Doorbell v2 Cameras as Chime

What is the Cameras as Chime feature supposed to do for the Doorbell v2? When I go to the setup it doesn’t show any cameras available. Is this just new and not working yet?

1 Like

This is a feature that is coming out for the Wyze Video Doorbell v2 where it will utilize a camera as a door chime. Currently the only camera that can be used with this feature is the Wyze Cam OG but we are working on getting it into other cameras.

3 Likes

When? The new v2 doorbell feels kind of “bait and switch” like. It is NOT a drop in replacement for people who were using the Wyze Chime with their V1 doorbell. Marketing material showed that it could use a Wyze Camera as a chime, but that is not working for most camera models. There are no great guides on setting up the Alexa integrations to use that as a work-around. Do better.

Could you point me to or show me those materials so I can go make sure they say what cameras are currently available and what ones are not. As far as when I know they are working on it now that they have the OG working, but I do not have a timeline yet.

1 Like