Wyze App Service Outage - 8/22/19

The Shortcuts issue should be addressed with the next app update (I’ve tested a couple of people with the current beta and they report positive results).

How are everyone’s devices behaving now?

(Edited because I said “firmware” instead of “app” on accident. Oops! Thanks to Loki for pointing out my blunder.)

4 Likes

I had one bulb that kept showing offline last night turned the switch off and left it off , turned it on today and now working fine , with everything else working as it should

1 Like

Everything seems to be working on my end. I only had one light showing on in my app today but it was actually off. Cameras and events are working great. Thanks for following up with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My devices seem to be working fine now. It’s funny I added a v2 just around 30 minutes b4 the outage last night and was pulling my hair out trying to figure what I did wrong.:grin:

1 Like

My cam is still digitizing and disconnecting on and off. I did a restart and had switched to HD. Is there something else I need to do?

Switch back to 360 and see if it gets better.

1 Like

Thank you for checking things out for me. I am running v2.4.73 on an iphone 7+ running the latest operating system. I guess I will wait for a firmware update. Not sure I noticed the problem before the outage, but I guess it must have been there. Not a terribly big problem, but a little annoying. I am confident Wyze will straighten the problem out since it has now been identified. Thanks again.

1 Like

I think the problem might have already been there and I just didn’t notice it either

I am running the Beta app on an iPhone X and it seems to be working. I think the fix is already in the pipe as it were :grin:

1 Like

my pan sometimes connects, but is now stuck in an infinite reboot loop.

I guess everyone who uses Wyze product should know what a ‘Server Spike’ is, but I humbly submit to you that I am not one of them…
Example: “you have a compound fracture of your tibia major”
Vs: " you broke your leg" I know, probably not funny but using common terms will be understood by both the novice and the expert. Remember KISS

1 Like

Dont know if it is a coincidence or not, but since the system came back live, my notifications are super fast, way quicker than before…anyone else notice this?

I agree almost instantaneous on sense switches and faster on cam motion.

No improvement here , sensors send notifications quickly but cameras have not for months

My system is still having trouble with detection/notifications. I have a V2, Pan, and sense kit. Everything is else is working 100% besides the Pan. The Pan won’t create any events or send notifications. I’ve restarted it several times and double checked my settings and can’t find anything that is awry on my end. Interestingly, the sense bridge is connected to my Pan…

I discovered that although I could view the LIVE FEED it was no longer allowing me to view playback. It is totally BLACK.

I went ahead and redid the whole thing back to “trying to connect” and the QR code. It is staying on for about a second at a time before it is trying to reconnect again. On my phone it keeps asking me to connect the device to a different network. I don’t have a different one.

HELP, I am feeling very frustrated.

If you are having trouble with maintaining a connection, try restarting your router. What mfg/model router are you using? How far is your camera from the router? Any metal in between?

1 Like

Everything is finally back up for me. After the server issues were resolved, all bulbs and cameras work fine. The bridge was a different story. I had to re-setup everything bridge related and it took hours. I also noticed that if I tried to set up bridge connected devices too fast, they wouldn’t connect. I had to wait a good 10-15 minutes between setting up sensors. When I first set up bridge stuff it was more or less instant. Weird. Regardless, I am glad everything is resolved for me at least. Thanks Wyze!

1 Like

The main issue now is that when I go to playback it is black. Did I set something wrong during my reset so it is not longer recording? Yesterday there, on the playback scroll, some areas of blue(recording) with several spots where it was not recording. It appears that it is no longer recording and I am having problems “reconnecting” for that piece.

I am able to live stream.

My sensor bridge keeps going offline with the bridge status light blinking blue and orange. I’ve unplugged and plugged it in and it worked for about a day, now it’s offline again. I notice both the camera and bridge are pretty warm since I set the camera to start recording to the SD card continuously. The camera also sits in sunlight (inside a window) for a good chunk of the day so I don’t know if this is related to the outage or the continuous recording generating excess heat.