Service Advisory - 1/12/2023

1/12/23 4:14 PM PT - We now see full recovery and we’re keeping an eye on things. If your device is still offline, please try power cycling it. If you continue having difficulty connecting, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support.

3:00 PM PT - We have seen increasing server latency from our side and are hearing reports from customers that their apps aren’t loading pages or controlling devices correctly. We are working on mitigation efforts and expect things to improve for affected customers in the next 10 minutes.

You can follow this thread or our Service Status Page for updates:

8 Likes

Definitely a problem I was about to pull my hair out here :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Yes lost about 20 of my 40 cameras right now. They are all clicking and the PTZ is spinning around constantly. Super annoying. The dog is running from room to room thinking something is happening.

This is the 4th or 5th outage in the past month. Is this what they meant by going back to startup mode for 2023? Basically no IT experience?

4 Likes

Cameras were not loading, events would not load or play, I also had setting that were all turned off or wacked out

1 Like

Seems to be working OK now

1 Like

Why is it that I only seem to have problems with Wyze servers? I have several other brands of home automation products and can’t remember ever having their servers going bonkers.

1 Like

I had a handful of Event Videos that were black and would not play this afternoon. I assume it was issues uploading to the Wyze servers as other videos before and after would play fine. My Event videos are back to normal now.

1 Like

1/12/23 4:14 PM PT - We now see full recovery and we’re keeping an eye on things. If your device is still offline, please try power cycling it. If you continue having difficulty connecting, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support.

3 Likes

Power cycling is not an option for many of us.

1 Like

I agree. I use the cameras in a home that we are only in for part of the year, Right now my outdoor cameras work, but the only way I can re-boot my indoor ones (pans, v2 and v3s, maybe a v1 still around) is to ask a neighbor. “Hey, my security cameras aren’t working. Can you please enter my house and turn off the main electrical circuit to reboot them?”. Sure, I don’t have to say why I need the circuit reset, but I think they can figure it out. It is pretty frustrating to be sitting thousands of miles away and having 15 cameras dead to me. Once, OK, but this seems to happen a lot.