Wyze App Service Outage - 8/22/19

UPDATE 8/22/19 11:48 PM PT - Our service is now back to normal and all products should be functioning now. If you are still having trouble, please contact our support team. Thank you for your patience with us!

Submit a request – Wyze

8/22/19 6:07 PM PT - The server maintenance is taking longer than the initial forecast and services may still be unstable for some customers. We will update once we have more information.

8/22/19 5:23 PM PT - The server load is improving but is not fully resolved with some issues with logging in, automation, and feedback submission. We are performing server maintenance to further address this problem and it may make the system unstable for the next 20-25 minutes. We apologize again.

8/22/19 4:40 PM PT - We are seeing levels returning toward normal so service should be restored for most people. If you are still having difficulty logging in, setting up new devices, using existing devices, viewing event videos, or using voice assistants, please let us know!

8/22/19 3:35 PM PT - Our engineers have identified a server spike that is impacting Wyze services involving login, app usage, and event video submission. We are investigating this now and will resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

My wyze bulb are on and unresponsive after the outage.

6 Likes

I’m impacted by the outage

3 Likes

Can you guys send notifications next time this happens? I almost lost my mind thinking all my cameras died at once!

8 Likes

My faith in the Cloud has been mortally wounded.

5 Likes

I too have been affected by this outage. No notifications from cameras and no events being recorded. Hope the issue is resolved soon

5 Likes

Yes, likewise, scary. App wouldn’t even load. Events empty. Generally just a “could not complete action” response after awhile. Wish list: More useful error detection and some message like “Wyze server problem, service unavailable.”

PDT 4:33 pm seems okay.

5 Likes

Also affected. No events showing and one camera won’t load. Second camera loads fine.

1 Like

just took my camera out of the box and app not working. disappointing… hope it is fix soon.

1 Like

My Pan camera isn’t online but my Wyze Cam is, strange. Event feed is down.
I too would request a notification when the service has an issue; these ARE our security cameras after all, and I’m out of town at the moment so I’d prefer reliability, or, at the very least, knowledge of issues and an eta of when they’re going to be resolved.

2 Likes

My cameras and sensors are all working. No events and can’t access previous events.

1 Like

Ordered two new cams today to add to my fleet of cameras. Hope it’s working when they get here. :flushed::woozy_face::exploding_head:

Also got impacted. Now the App is doing nothing but asking me to login.

1 Like

Also wanted to say Alexa wasn’t working and is how I found out Wyze was down.

App not working, but I can still control my bulbs with Google Home app

1 Like

Trying to set up my cam pan but it is not working. Tried to reset but now I have no QR code

1 Like

I’ve been affected by it too. I thought something was messed up too. Logged out of app & logged back in. Doesn’t show any of my devices. Freaking me out so I decided to check website.

Weird how these outages work. My service is fine all my Cams and Sensors working. Is the outage somehow regional? I am in Raleigh NC

Just got done installing 4 bulbs and a pan cam. Thought I did something wrong…I am glad it wasn’t me and I found this forum. Though, as a suggestion, in the event of this type of event…perhaps an email notification to users would be a good idea.

3 Likes