Wyze app is screwed up!

What’s the deal today, woke up and my notification sound was changed, and now I can’t open cameras! I can see them on the home page, but when I try to open an individual cam, it just clicks and take me to the home page.

1 Like

I can’t replicate this experience, but I also have a habit of checking/installing app updates in Google Play Store every morning and then rebooting immediately afterward. :man_shrugging:

Can you provide the App Version you are using and also include the Camera Model you are having issues with?

Thanks

2 Likes

Seeing this with all my v2 cameras on the latest 3 beta, Also sensors no longer show any events.

1 Like

Which v2 Cameras? Cam V2, WCO V2, or Pan Cam V2?

Also can provide screen shots so we can see what you are experiencing? I am not experiencing any real issues with the exception of the Pan Cam v3 in Privacy Mode. But I am using the recent Beta Release.

V2 means cam V2. Screen shot of what? All my v2s show offline in the devices tab but I can see the live view in their group. However selecting the camera from it’s group or individually causes a quick flash and no screen change. V3 and V4 seem fine.

V2s also show offline in the firmware update of the account tab.

No camera selection available on events tab pressing camera dies nothing there.

And sensors no longer show any events but work otherwise.

Your events page. Not sure what you are seeing or experiencing when you say sensors no longer show events. Not sure if you mean, your motion and contact sensors. Or your camera sensors.

V3. 1.0 (b560)haven’t looked for a while
It was my PanCams v3. :person_shrugging:

I moved your topic to the Beta category for better visibility.

2 Likes

When I tap on a contact or motion sensor there used to be a line of events at the bottom, it’s gone. And pressing the calendar brings up a screen with dates across the top but no events.

1 Like

Sweet

Confirmed. Nice find. :+1:

All metrics for the following sensors are absent/broken in RC release 3.1.0.b560 (haven’t checked iOS):

• Entry Sensor (Sense v2)
  • Motion Sensor (Sense v2)
  • Contact Sensor (Sense v1)
  • Motion Sensor (Sense v1)

Looks like Wyze is working this issue on the server. Events and history for all of my sensor types just returned to normal.

1 Like

Is your Camera in Privacy Mode? If so, I submitted a ticket on that as when in Privacy Mode the camera will not wake up.

1 Like

V2 camera problems seem to be corrected, assume server side fix. Contact/Motion sensors still missing events

2 Likes

Yep, mine are back to missing under 3.1.0.b560. Looking fine under prior app versions.

I can’t tell, won’t even come up to check, I’m going to do a hard power cycle on it when I get home, seems the other v3s have come back. Just the one now. Did we get some update I missed? Like I said the whole app was screwed up this morning.

I believe Wyze corrected or fixed something. Things are starting to work again. You can tell if the Pan Cam V3 is in Privacy mode if it is pointing straight down

I wasn’t at home to check, yeah, I know about the position of the cam in privacy mode. But thanks for mentioning it, yeah, apparently they figured something out, seems to be back to normal. NOW! If they would fix the drift issue on the pan cam V3 or actually address it publicly and say there’s nothing they can do about it, I’d be really stoked!

1 Like

for me (beta version 3.1.0 (b560)), camera video shows on the Favorites tab, but trying to open any camera fails, as well as opening sprinkler system, door locks, and robot vacuum, and I can’t submit a log from the app anymore either! So now, I can’t use the app to unlock my door or open my garage. Basically, the only thing that works is seeing video of the few (non-battery powered) cameras on my favorites screen.