Wyze app 3.0 - Released 7/24/2024

We all have to stop bitching on here about the problem and notify the company because if they’re not reviewing this, we’re just running chasing our tail

| tmanch
August 17 |

  • | - |

I have one group (4cams) and the rest (7cams) I do not want in a group. So you are saying do it their way and NOT my way. Opening the app with all cams wanting to stream just makes this app not friendly under my configuration. Extra step(s) to access something is not making things faster or better.

Read here:

2023 they didn’t make a loss & 2024 they hope to make a profit…
The main “income” is from CamPlus…
Selling a $30 camera which costs $20 to make isn’t gonna give huge profits especially when they have to pay for AWS costs for the lifetime if the camera.

I’m just offering solutions which work in the app as it is today.

Another solution is to remove them from your favourites so they don’t show on the favourites tab.
It’s only an extra click to get to the devices tab to access them.

Yes it wouldn’t be a big change in the app to give the option to default to the devices tab or to just add an icon instead of a live stream & I would welcome this also.

However, judging by the limited resources & their history of updates/improvements, I don’t expect changes will come any time soon.

I have $200 worth of cameras & I won’t throw them in the bin if I can make a compromise in the way I use the app & have the main functionality I need.

Too bad my Cam plus does not work for $2.99 per month as of one week ago. I’m gonna be calling you guys again next week. It only records for 12 seconds 12 to 15 seconds and that’s it. From my back door, doorbell cam.

Do you have an SD card installed on that camera? If you’re getting 15 seconds, it’s possible that’s how long it thinks the motion is. Non-Cam Plus cameras never go beyond 12 seconds.

SD card and cloud recording have different criteria to determine when motion stops. If you have an SD card, you might find it records clips longer. That’s my experience.

Wyze Classic? :wink:

In the setting page dor your cameras did you try the “Reset Services” function to reset the connection to the wyze cloud?

Through the Wyze doorbells, I don’t see the cards for the doorbells. Do you know if there’s an SD slot there? I don’t see one.

I believe only Video Doorbell v2 has a microSD card slot.

Sorry, I don’t have video doorbells. I have one in the box somewhere but unopened. I got it shortly after I found out my transformer doesn’t have enough juice. Too lazy to climb in the attic.

+1 for this.
V2 doorbell has a SD slot but the latest Pro does not…

I don’t know if anybody seen my emails?

I do have a question to everybody whom would know!

Is it possible if they don’t roll the app back for us who can’t really deal with it.

Is there anyway to use the cameras in another type of software like an a different system can we hack into it?

Is that possible as I have these 8 of these things?

| GabboCH
August 17 |

  • | - |

+1 for this.
V2 doorbell has a SD slot but the latest Pro does not…

I don’t recall whether you have Android or iOS, but if Android, you can sideload the previous version from APKMirror.

No, unfortunately, I have I iOS

| p2788deal
August 17 |

  • | - |

I don’t recall whether you have Android or iOS, but if Android, you can sideload the previous version from APKMirror.

If you have cam plus you can view events and live stream on my.wyze.com
Live:

Events:

On android there’s also the TinyCam app to view the cameras feeds but it’s not available on IOS…

Maybe there’s a similar cam streaming app for iPhone?
The web version is also a good option if you have CamPlus as suggested by Antonius.

Neither would give you access to firmware updates or settings but would simplify the video feeds streaming.

Hmm

I have Wyze video doorbell Pro. Does anybody know if that has SD card capability? If not then what’s the purpose of campus and paying $2.99 a month for it? How do I get continuous recording with it beyond the 12 seconds?

No

Because it doesn’t have an SD card, you need to have cloud events. That’s what Cam Plus is… Cloud features. including recording for longer than 12 seconds and AI detection features.

You can’t get continuous recording on the pro doorbell, but Cam Plus will record as long as there is sufficient motion. If there is motion for 24 hours straight then it will record for 24 hours straight (though it will break the events down into 5 minute intervals).

100 percent agree , my devices are all over the place , makes no sense anymore

“We all have to stop bitching on here about the problem and notify the company because if they’re not reviewing this, we’re just running chasing our tail.”

The problem is there is no way to contact Wyze directly about our issues. Their customer support reps are worthless and just follow a script. I’ve dealt with them a few times and it was beyond frustrating. Wyze needs a few of their people dedicated to follow this forum are report our issues directly.

Their business is basically a Chinese company became most of their founders are Chinese citizens, and that in itself isn’t terrible, well except that China is a communist country with a history of human rights violations. What is terrible is that they follow the Chinese business model of producing new products rapidly even knowing these products have hardware/software issues which they might or might not fix if enough people complain. Even their advertising follows the Chinese business model to the tee, making false claims that the products can do things they can’t while incorrectly showing advertising pictures. They do have some funny promo clips about their products, so I’ll give them that.