Wyze app 2.38 and Wyze Cam v3 Firmware 4.36.10.3406 - Released 12/15/22

What firmware version do you currently have on your v3 cameras? I have one v3 on 4.36.9.139 and the app says it is up to date. I believe the 3406 build is only an update for the 2864 build that had problems.

The existing version of firmware i have on my Cam V3ā€™s

Never had this happen before, and I always keep the firmware updated,
never had an issue like this before.

At this point, i am not going to try on any other Cams,
I dont want to risk bricking it, since this update issue is not working properly.

Firmware updates for a specific model cam
Brings ALL prior firmware versions to the latest build

You will never see a firmware release,
that is meant to only update a specific firmware build #
and not update all build numbers.

Each firmware release is for ALL V3 cams,
no matter what the existing firmware build is on the camera.

This process, is tech wide, meaning All technology that requires firmware updates
This is the normal process.

Only time you will see a specific process

Is if a Firmware build on a device is very old, or never updated before
One may have to flash a slightly newer build, and THEN flash with most recent build.

Just something to keep in mind

Is this firmware update supposed to take over 30 minutes to install through the app?

No definitely not

Oddly

All of the sudden the firmware updates are now working
Nothing changed on my side, and the wireless network is working fine.

Techno anomaly
:grinning:

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ :thinking: Reading through, unless I missed it, I donā€™t see a proper or official answer why some of us are stuck on 4.36.9.139 for V3ā€™s and didnā€™t get the last update, much less this new one?

All 8 of my V3ā€™s are on 4.36.9.139 and never got 4.36.10.2864.

1 Like

I would rather have 4.36.9.139 on all my cameras, but 4 did update (my fault I knew betterā€¦LOL) to 2864.

All my other V3ā€™s are on 4.36.9.139

Those 4 I would have to SD Flash them back to 4.36.9.139 which I might do so those 4 cams are on a stable firmware.

Be happy you are on 4.36.9.139

1 Like

The only problem with the cameras left on 4.36.9.139 is that they donā€™t have the same smart detection features on the event recording tab as 2864 and 3406 have. The event recording tab is completely different vs the two recent firmwareā€™s.

Do you have the same Wyze service (Cam Plus Lite, Plus, Pro) on all your cameras?

The issue I had with updating the Cam V3ā€™s
Seem to be 2 issues

I had to remove the power plug ( count to 10 sec rule, and plug back in)
(10 sec rule allows energy to disperse from the circuitry - and then plug back in - just rebooting did not work)
Then tried the update, it worked.

Second cam issue seems to be a DNS issue
Where i had a static DNS record for the CAM,
Meanwhile one of the prior firmware updates seemed to change how the Cam registers in DNS.
I ended up with 2 DNS records for the same cam.

I am guessing that the firmware push out to the wrong IP address, and caused it to fail.

All V3ā€™s are now updated to the latest firmware.

Yes cam plus unlimited

You could grab the 3406 firmware on this link and try the SD card update. https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172

Here is how to do a manual flash. https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031490871-How-to-flash-your-Wyze-Cam-firmware-manually

1 Like

Just tried the manual flash method on a V3 that was "stuck"at 4.36.9.139 to 4.36.10.3406.
So far so good.
Any word when/if v3 cams at 9.139 will get a firmware upgrade? I only ask as 10.3406 gives the ability to record only smart detection events, which the v3 pro and v2 have had for some time now.
Pretty nice feature if you ask me.

The updated Event Recording and Event Notification features are great new fumctions. As is the ability to record more than 90GB on 256GB and larger cards. All are features\fixes introduced to the V3 in 4.36.10.xx firmware.

But, both .2700 and .2864 were public release versions that caused significant issues and were halted. I am confident in speculating that Wyze is working to get all V3 cams up to the same version. But I can also understand why .3406 is currently limited. Most of those who had .2700 and .2764 were users who received it in Beta as well as .3406. they are most likely vetting itā€™s stability and functionality with that limited pool of users prior to the massive push to the remaining millions of cams.

I tried installing the update twice and both times it resulted in taking my camera offline. The only way to bring the cam back online is to power cycle it. Iā€™m sure I could update it manually, but Iā€™m kind of tired of having to take that approach. Let me know when you guys have a solid firmware releaseā€¦Iā€™ll try updating to that one.

Thanks,
Known1

12/18/22 Update: 24 hrs since I reset filters and I notice Iā€™m missing events when set to record using ā€œsmart detectionā€. I discovered when my laneway was plowed it did not record. I had to go and VIEW PLAYBACK from the micro SD card which is set to record continuously as just set to record events is not reliable. I have to set to record ALL MOTION to capture events. Will watch for further updates to hopefully correct this!

12/17/22 Update: As recommended, I reset filters and it started working again. Donā€™t have event from overnight but is working now going forward! All good :grin:

12/17/22 Updateā€¦ I just a notification ping and saw a morning dove on screen. When I go to events thoughā€¦ still get same screen saying ā€œNo Events Foundā€. :rage:

12/17/22 I upgraded my two V3 cameras yesterday. Now neither is recording events! Iā€™ve reset cameras, logged out of Wyze, logged back in and tested with motion detection and smart detection setting. Nothing records! Donā€™t upgrade folks until they resolve this. We are trying to get a missing catā€¦ this issue makes the camera useless.

Another weird occurrence on my end.

Wyze cam v3
Firmware 4.36.9.139
App iOS version 2.38.0 (27)
iOS vesrion 16.1.2

I had my cameras OFF in the app and for some strange reason one of my cameras recorded an event on the cloud as well as on Sd card and send a notification. It wasnā€™t supposed to do this as it was OFF in the app.

What happened?

Clear your filters.

2 Likes

YES!!! Thanks so much! That fixed it going forward!

2 Likes

12/18/22 Update: 24 hrs since I reset filters and I notice Iā€™m missing events when set to record using ā€œsmart detectionā€. I discovered when my laneway was plowed it did not record. I had to go and VIEW PLAYBACK from the micro SD card which is set to record continuously as just set to record events is not reliable. I have to set to record ALL MOTION to capture events. Will watch for further updates to hopefully correct this!