Wyze App 2.34 8/24/2022

Last night WyzeJason reached out and asked me to try again, after apparently implementing some sort of back end fix. This has now been fixed, at least for me.

4 Likes

The updated app audio volume on my IOS devices is about 60% of what it was. Almost like before the firmware updated raised the audio volume quite a bit on the cam pan’s. I can compare the volume on one iPad that was updated vs. an iPad that was not updated and the audio volume (turned all the way up) is much lower than the previous app update.

1 Like

This update still didn’t fix the bugs from the last update. When is Wyze gong to address them?

1 Like

Which bugs are happening to you that came up in the last update?

2 Likes

Same issue as some others here. Updated the iOS app to 2.34 when it released yesterday.

Now, every time I start the app, I get :
“The latest version of the Wyze app is required to view one or more of your devices. Please update your Wyze app.”

AKAIK, 2.34.0.15 is the latest one.

2 Likes

I apologize for this happening, this is a known issue they are working on and yes 2.34.0.15 is the latest one.

5 Likes

Live feed freezes after opening a camera. Motion detection grids don’t show live feed, unless I put my phone to sleep and wake it again. Oh and often the recordings are stuck loading and I have to exit out of the the events page and go back in to get them to load.

1 Like

Those are all valid issues, but they weren’t caused by this update. Thank you for reporting them again, and they will be fixed eventually.

No not this update, the last update.

1 Like

I have the same for a few days now. Even deleted and fresh install of the app. Same issue. Says I need to update but there is none.

1 Like

Anyone else notice the audio volume is lower with the new app??

1 Like

And they also still haven’t fixed the issue when trying to submit what is supposed to be tagged in the recording. It still frequently unchecked what I pick before I have a chance to submit it.

1 Like

Same here…nothing to update but getting the nag “Update Required” upon opening the already updated Wyze app.

…and here as well… IOS.

Why would anyone want a delay between the time the camera senses a human and the time it sends the alert to your phone?
That makes no sense to me. I always want to know as soon as possible if a person triggers my camera.

1 Like

Wyze, when are you going to fix the issues the previous update caused? Please stop adding features and focus more on fixing bugs.

1 Like

These are not the same thing. The update Jason mentioned was for CamPlus Pro cams that have a Professional Monitoring Alarm subscription. Activating the alarm upon the first detection of a person will lead to frequent false alarms and costly fees paid to the local authorities who respond frequently. The Friendly Faces detection, like person detection, needs time to be processed on the servers.

The current delay between cam motion activation and push notification for person detection is only limited by when the person enters the frame after motion is activated (could be late in the video upload), the speed at which the video is uploaded to the servers (slow WiFi/ISP), the workload on the AWS server interrogating the video and tagging it, and the return trip notification travel speed (ISP-WiFi vs Cellular).

1 Like

Well said SlabSlayer.

I will add my personal use experience with this…I have a Cam Plus Pro license/cam on my secondary Wyze account, and it always really bothered me that there was no delay. If I didn’t remember to disarm it (in the app) before I walked into my home office, the alarm goes off nearly immediately. It drives me nuts. I want a delay just like almost all other Home Monitoring Systems have an “Entry” or “Exit” Delay where other traditional ones will beep for 30 seconds or however long you set the delay for before the alarm triggers. This allows you to walk in the door, and punch in the “Disarm” code on the traditional security system’s keypad (CPP doesn’t use keypads, just the app) so the alarm doesn’t go off (In this case with CPP I want time to pull up the app and disarm it before the alarm goes off in my face). This is just the same thing here…give us a short delay so the alarm doesn’t go off on us the moment we walk in through our own door. Give me a chance to disarm my own alarm system first (pull up the app and disarm it). A few seconds will reduce an enormous of amount of stress and annoyance. I’ve been asking Wyze to add an Entry Delay option like this for this service so it wouldn’t drive me crazy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same issue here. Repeated pop up asking to update.

2 Likes