Wyze App 2.25 RC Test 10/5/2021

APP VERSIONS:
  • iOS: 2.25.16 (4)

• Android: 2.25.16

WHAT’S NEW:
  • Fixed a crashing bug in landscape mode for Wyze Cam v3 (iOS)

• Fixed a bug that prevented adding Wyze Lock in Accessories for Wyze Video Doorbell (iOS)

• Fixed a bug that prevented Rule Settings saving for Wyze Home Monitoring (iOS)

• Fixed a bug that prevented turning on Wyze Cam Spotlight in the Live Stream page for Wyze Cam v3 (Android)

• Fixed a bug that displayed different temperature on the Home tab and device page for Wyze Leak Sensor (Android)

• Fixed a bug that prevented temperature refreshing for Wyze Climate Sensor (Android)

• Fixed a bug that prevented firmware update from the device page for Wyze Bulb Color (Android)

• Fixed a crashing bug when sorting devices within Wyze Bulb Color groups (Android)

• Fixed the icon for Wyze Light Strip (Android)

8 Likes

Looking forward to this release. Once available, will install and test

EDIT 1

iOS - Installed App - Initial Check

• The Notifications now work
  • Thumb Nails on v3 images are now back

Android - Installed the Update - Initial Check

• Crash when stream an v3 event when turned landscaped still exists (NOT FIXED)
  • Stretch when double tapping Live v3 Stream is still stretched (NOT FIXED)
  • will monitor the Temp Sensors to see if the temp difference between the home screen and detail screen has been corrected. So far it is looemphasized textking Good.

Initial Tests on both devices are looking good. Great Job Wyze.

EDIT 2

Just noticed before I did the update that there is now a setting for VoIP. This calls your phone when the doorbell is pressed. I tested it on the RC version of Android and it works well. I must have missed this in the previous version.

5 Likes

Notifications do work again on iOS 15.0.1 iPhone 13 Pro Max

3 Likes

@Yichen , isn’t this supposed to be Wyze Climate Sensor and not Leak Sensor? The Leak sensor does not provide Temperature info, does it? However, I did check the Climate Sensor for the Temp difference and so far it is looking ok. I have experienced the issue thi sis supposed to have fixed.

Great Job on this update. Seems as if the reported items have indeed been fixed.

2 Likes

It wasn’t just iPhone 13’s. My 12 was also affected.

Still crashing the app when viewing events and switching to landscape view during playback on iOS.

But everything else is working as identified, thanks for getting notifications back on iOS!

2 Likes

After installing this new RC Test, I was going through the “Manage Faces” in Android and everything was working fine to assign faces to existing profiles, then there was a picture of my Niece, and when I tried to create a profile for her face, the app crashed and rebooted. When it came back up I went back to check if it successfully created her profile, and it did. I just thought I would report that it crashed/rebooted the app so someone could look into that or see if they can replicate it.

LOG 312252

2 Likes

I have this issue on my iPad mini 5(iOS 15.0.1) but not on my iPhone 6+(iOS 12.5.5).

Happening for me on my iPhone 12 Max iOS 15.0.1 with Wyze App V2.25.16 Beta, and the previous Beta Version.

Not happening on my iPad Air iOS 12.5.5 Wyze App V2.24.52

Not Happening on my Samsung Note10+ Android 11 with Wyze App V2.25.16

@gyzmo

Yesterday, after loading the iOS RC I tested this and it worked. Later I DM’d @R.Good and to let him know that I think it has been fixed. After seeing his report that it still crashed, I tested again and was shocked to see it was also crashing. I am on iOS 15.0.1. Not sure why it was working and now it is not.

Have not tested the iPad as my wife uses that and I did not want to disrupt her process. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! iOS now has build 4 available. This build fixes a crashing bug in landscape mode for Wyze Cam v3.

6 Likes

Loading and will test… BRB to let you know :).

Thanks for the quick fix.

EDIT

Just tested 5 Events from my v3 Camera’s. Able to turn landscape without crashing. Will continue to test.

Thanks again. Great Job

Nice! Thank You for the communication and the update.

I have updated and the landscape rotation no longer crashed my iPhone 12 Max on iOS 15.1.

I am also seeing some video glitching on almost all of my videos when viewing playback on my iPhone 12 Max, this started I wanna say 3 beta revs ago and is still happening today with the now build 4.

Here is the video playback with the video Glitch in the Wyze App (you can see the car “bounce”)

Downloaded Video using device native video playback or the web codec (No Glitch and smooth)

1 Like

Solved👍

1 Like

I don’t have that one on my iPhone 6+ or iPad mini5(iOS 15.0.1). I’m waiting to receive my iPhone 13 Pro Max at the the end of the month. Since 2 years, I was waiting for the touch ID to come back and remove the notch, but now my 6 is too slow and several applications cannot receive updates. Tired of waiting.

1 Like

Both of these look good. :+1:

Both of these look good also. :+1:

1 Like

@gyzmo , Latest iOS app update fixes the Landscape Crash.

Curious if the glitch happens when landscaped? The Playback seems a bit grainy but the downloaded version looks a lot better.

It does… and it’s grainy cause I had to download it and convert it using a video editor to make it small enough to post.

Dumb iPhone video compression is horrible on the screen recorder… I just did a fast job to get it seen since I mentioned the glitch.

@gyzmo I am actually not a iPhone fan, my 12 Max decision came from hating the Note10+ with a fiery passion, and this device reminded me why I never used iPhone after the first one, waiting on the Pixel Fold to come out so I can dump this thing but I do like having multiple platforms to test on.

3 Likes

@R.Good

Just checked on my iPhone Xs and at the 10 second mark, there is a flicker of sorts. But not on all events. Interesting, I have not seen it before. Had to sit an watch closely.