Wyze App 2.24 Beta Test; Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Test 8/18/2021

I just got the updated app. I see the sunrise/sunset rule additions. That’s totally cool!

How do I update the firmware for my Robot Vacuum. When I go to the firmware version in Device Info, it says 1.6.113 and when I click on it, it says it’s up to date. How do I update it?
I would like to test out the new features.

3 Likes

I tested that feature as well and the bulbs turned on 15 minutes before sunset. That is great!

Yea, impressive. Quick question: did yo modify an existing rule or create a new one. I modified many existing ones. Did this to make sure the time setting would really take effect.

Figured it out from another forum post
Account - About - Beta Program - Edit

2 Likes

I created a new rule for my driveway lights. I edited an existing rule for my doorbell/porch lights. Both seemed to work great!

1 Like

I’ve rebooted. Robot Vac won’t connect to Wi-Fi, can’t do factory reset…nothing but turn off, and back on.
Log id : 277201

Thank you for the feedback! You do not need to do a remap in this case. I will look into the issue you have in the picture and update you.

1 Like

Same as @kboggs1

I’ve rebooted (away from charger) and it is offline. Both lights are slowly blinking. Is Franklin dead? Please save him! #SaveFranklin.

Log ID: 277293

1 Like

Please try pressing and holding both buttons, re-adding the vacuum in the app to configure the WIFI connection again.

Did you turn on the Beta Firmware for the Vacuum and other devices. If not or not sure, you can check by starting the app, go into the Account menu, go to About, then go to Beta Program.

Once there, click Edit in the top right and make sure you check the boxes for the FW you would like to test.

If this has been done, go to the Vacuum, Settings, Device Info, then click on the Firmware and see if it prompts you there.

Could you please submit a log and let me know the log ID for this issue? Thanks!

Just did # 277306.

I also submitted log 277178 earlier

Note, I just went and tried again got the message. all you need to do is create a spot clean in the middle of a room (no walls, tables, etc), you should see the message immediately.

So why does sunrise rule need to be at least a certain amount of time before turning off? I want my lamp to come on at sunrise and go off at 730am, can’t do it, error pops up :flushed::flushed::flushed:

I did. I get no sound or voice prompt from vac to add to Wi-Fi.
So, I cannot re-add because the vacuum doesn’t respond.

Same as @kboggs1… Franklin is just blinking. He isn’t talking… TALK TO ME FRANKLIN!!!

Sorry… #SaveFranklin.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t spot clean in the middle of the room either…I couldn’t choose any area to spot clean in my room actually.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Face Recognition use

Hi @spamoni , I’ve talked to our engineering team and the cause of this is that the actual cleanable area in the rectangle area is too small to plan the path due to the kitchen island in the middle. Please try drawing a bigger box around the island (see pic below) and it should work.

2 Likes

I can no longer select what AI features I want active on which cams (Facial recognition, package detection, Person, pet, crying, etc). This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I also agree with others about the reversing the design of the cam plus licenses. I too have the Cam Plus Unlimited, and so when I want to go look at what cameras currently have Cam plus, I have to scroll through 9 screens (yes I counted) to finally the see the cams I have active. The empty licenses should be on the bottom and the filled ones showing up top, then everything else alphabetical.

Honestly I liked the old way better, just show me all the available cams with checkmarks on or off to show if they have it. I don’t need to know all the rest. This is what my initial screen looks like,

This is followed by 9+ screens of empty licenses like this:

before showing me the other cams I have activated on Cam Plus. (No I don’t have EVERY one of my cams using cam plus all at the same time, so yes I do need to check and see which ones are currently active, or be able to easily switch some off, such as while my wife is working, so the internet and router aren’t being screwed with as much, but then turn them back on at certain critical times.
This 9 pages of blank licenses to find my other cams is not as good as the previous design IMO where it just showed all the cameras on the screen with a checkmark on or off.

I also expected the ability to choose what AI features they use would be in the drop down arrow of the active cams, but it wasn’t there, and it wasn’t anywhere else I could find. How do I turn on or off the options I do or don’t want now? = Serious update needed before Public Release

5 Likes