Wyze App 2.17 and Wyze Cam Outdoor/Base Station Firmware Released - 1/26/21

Wyze app 2.17 and Wyze Cam Outdoor and Base Station firmware are launching! There are many goodies in this launch like vehicle and package detection for Cam Plus, the ability to connect Wyze Cam Outdoor’s Base Station over WiFi, motion-only scheduled recording, a record sound toggle, and a software motion detection zone for Wyze Cam Outdoor, the ability to name Wyze Headphones, Device and Device List widgets, and more!

Android: 2.17.7
iOS: 2.17.21
Wyze Cam Outdoor: 4.17.1.019
Base Station: 4.16.1.7

Read our Release Notes:

14 Likes

Awesomesauce! :smiley: Thank you! thumbsup2

1 Like

Does this mean we can now fully set up a new Base Station without plugging it into a router?

1 Like

But this update doesn’t address the add device problem for Wyze Robot Vacuum. No change, still can’t add it.

1 Like

Yes I believe you can set it up with WiFi.

2 Likes

I have updated the app but it still shows: Plug the base station into power and your router. the light flashes blue but never goes solid blue in order to connect. scanning the QR code and entering the MAC address both fail to connect it.

1 Like

Hmm… I’ll have to try it out when I get a chance. I do see the same message about plugging the case station into the router though. From the update description, it sounds like you’re supposed to be able to set it up via WiFi unless I’m mistaken.

Thanks! I even tried connecting it to the base’ wifi but had no luck in connecting it.

1 Like

Did you update your FW for your base station and then your WCO? I realized I hadn’t updated so that was part of my issue.

The WCO cam and base production firmware pushed out today instructed me to update the WCO cam before the base. I assume Wyze has a good reason for the order, so I followed their instruction. Working well so far, but I’ve never had WCO problems to begin with.

3 Likes

yeah I couldn’t remember which one you had to upgrade first but I got that alert last time I upgraded my FW. I didn’t get that alert this time though so hopefully the order didn’t matter. I can see how people can accidentally upgrade it in the wrong order though.

1 Like

The time before this one, it was the other way around as you noted… base than WCO cam. :+1:

1 Like

There’s a bug in the new Android app. When you delete a video it doesn’t remove it from the list in the app until you refresh or close and come back in.

1 Like

Andriod: Still an issue with the ability to see more than 1 hour of past events , How do we get this some visibility and fixed . Almost impossible to see more than 1 hour of events . Has been broken since the person and motion filters were added.
We need a bug report list that we can provide bug details . @UserCustomerGwen

1 Like

Yeah that happens on mine as well if I’m deleting the event I’m currently viewing. If I click on the pencil to delete an event, then it will disappear from the list immediately when it goes back to the list. I don’t recall what the behavior was like before. It would really be nice to be able to swipe to delete events like suggested on the wishlist item here but it didn’t seem to get much traction.

Go to the base settings i have not tried it but see a wifi option.

Software motion detection zone?? How do I find this new feature. I see no adjustments for the detection zone just like before the update.

Prior to this update, if you deleted the event you were watching it would be removed from the event list. This is no longer the case.

1 Like

I guess the update went ok for me. I deleted the station to try to test out the WiFi set-up process that @charper was trying to do. I was not able to connect my station via Ethernet at first. It wouldn’t initially connect, then I couldn’t scan the QR code because it was not recognized, and then I couldn’t find the base station’s WiFi network named “bind” to connect my phone to. Finally, I attempted it again and I had to manually type the MAC address and it found the station’s WiFi. I don’t see a way to initially set up the station using WiFi only though. If you’re already connected via Ethernet then you can go to the setting where it says “change connection” and change to WiFi like @jaketheone46 suggested.

@Known1 you should submit a log for that bug so hopefully it can get fixed the the next update.

2 Likes