Wyze 3 Cam skipping 1 oe 2 seconds on uploaded video recordings and playack

OK, I’m also having this issue, on all my cams V2 and V3 not consistent but has been happening a lot lately and seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I haven’t had time to investigate much but i see on here it is more than just I having this issue. I will try and capture a video of what I"m seeing. and also try and get a few logs. Android app and all on latest version of everything.

1 Like

2 Likes

this is on 2 different V3 cams. I also have same issue with V2. will upload that vid in a bit.

1 Like

Cam 2 Same Problem Log ID 881794

1 Like

Same issue as above on my V3 cams for well over a month. Log ID 882413 as example.

2 Likes

Motion capture events skipping 3 to 5 seconds on V3 cameras.

Recording starts and when object moves past the camera it jumps past the event up to 5 seconds. In general I find all playback on the V3 to be poor. Jumpy an unstable.

I was having the same issue on 2/3 v3’s since the last FW update. Yesterday I unplugged the 2 two that I was having issues with for 2 minutes and plugged them back in. For me, this has fixed the issue.

The one that had been working properly, regularly gets unplugged and plugged back in.

@shoehn I’ve noticed this in the past when I restarted a camera, but the problem comes back. I’m not sure how long it takes for the problem to reoccur.

1 Like

@JCam I was wondering if I had seen this same thing in the past as well. I’ll keep an eye on it and report back if I notice the “skip” reappear.

This is absolutely ridiculous - months have passed and this issue has not been fixed. What’s the point in a security camera that skips recording important events?

2 Likes

If your still experiencing this please get a log from the app and the camera and put the log numbers here. Also, make sure your app and firmware are up to date

I’ve submitted six logs to the dev team already. Here’s another one:

Log 886596

2 Likes

As a forum Maven, IEatBeans is offering to draw specific attention to developers for this particular issue via escalation channels. The Mavens can’t accomplish this without supporting information, in this case dev log ID numbers. Yours is buried in a sea of literally thousands submitted per day. If you have the log ID numbers handy, please post them as a reply to help escalate this issue. Log IDs are sent as a response to your submission via email and can also be found via Wyze app Home > Account > Wyze Support > Log History.

1 Like

Log 886596

1 Like

Log #'s
883821, 880775, 877536, 868622
spread over a week or so. and this is happening on all my cams, V3 and V2 seam to be worse.

2 Likes

I posted 4 logs, hope this helps

1 Like

@JodyPM just out of curiosity. If you power cycle your cameras for an extended period, unplug for a minute plus, have you found that the skipping has gone away (for a while anyways) ? Or has this not changed their behavior?

This issue was not present 3 firmwares ago.

3 Likes

I restarted my cameras about 2 days ago. Immediately after the restart the freezing/skipping was gone. About 24 hours after that, it seemed to have returned, but just for a tiny fraction of a second, hardly noticeable, 48 hours after the restart, the freezing is getting a little longer, perhaps 1/4 of a second. I expect that over the next couple of days it will progressively get worse.

2 Likes

JCam, did you restart by unplugging the power cord or restart within the App?