Video playback freezes and continues playing without showing entire detection

When viewing recorded motion, it freezes partially into video. When it starts to play again, what caused it to start recording has moved on. This happens with both cameras in use.

5 Likes

Can you send an event video that is seeing this? Thanks

I am having this same problem and it is also jumping ahead a second or 2

5 Likes

I am getting this same issue as well.

1 Like

I’m getting this also. Started several weeks ago. All 3 camera versions.

2 Likes

I, too, Iam having this issue having started a few weeks ago.

I’d love to. How?

Same here.

This is a known issue and they are addressing it. I’m not following it closely, but I think it’s in beta.

1 Like

Thank you.

Trés

same happening here, hope this gets addressed soon!

1 Like

I have the same problem with my V3. Choppy video loaded on the cloud, but most of the time the same video is correct on the SD card. The choppy video very often cut what triggered the recording. Very annoying.

2 Likes

Same issue, super annoying and considering alternatives it’s been going on so long.

3 Likes

Same issue. Have noticed if I restart cameras it improves for a short period (few days).

1 Like

I have been having the same issue for weeks (have sent several logs over that span). I have about six Wyze cams (V3), all with SD cards. For two or three of the cams, when an event is recorded, the recording freezes about 4-5 seconds into the clip. I end up losing a few seconds of crucial event footage. One of the cams gives me a “3001” unknown error message. The other two just freeze for 2 seconds and then resume. The WORST part is that the glitch affects the SD recording as well, when I go to review playback. And the SD footage only glitches during event recordings. AKA, everything works fine until there’s an event - and during an event, when the footage is most important, the camera glitches and I lose 2 seconds. Two of the cameras never get a clean event clip, whereas the third one randomly works every now and then.

Wyze support has so far been giving me the generic “factory reset” nonsense.

2 Likes

Also having the same problem…. Reset doesn’t help

Let’s get this fixed

4 Likes

This problem has improved for me, but only after some site-wide glitch, together with the fact that I had little time to address it before going to work, resulted in one of my cameras not only being off line until I returned home, but also announcing all day long that it was ready to connect, pretty much announcing to my sardine-packed apartment complex that I have a camera and that it wasn’t then working. I’ve gotta tell ya’, I do want an additional camera, but I’m seriously considering another brand.

I do believe wyze is not going to fix this issue forcing us to buy their newer cams. Just a thought.

1 Like

I notice all my “events” are freezing when the play. Very annoying.

3 Likes

A month ago, use be 1-2 seconds freeze. Now is 5s freeze every video event recording. Hey @IEatBeans do you have any more news on this?

4 Likes