Weird V3 Pro 2k streaming problem, but time of day related only

I tried forcing night vision on both of mine this morning as well, still got hung up when using 2k. Once in a while it will stream a few seconds then just freezes. Sometimes it will pick up a few seconds ahead but usually does not. The audio still works even when the video hangs.

1 Like

I don’t know if it will make a difference…
My (and other people’s) stuttering issue with the live view on v3 pro seems to be “fixed” if you change the app settings on your phone or device to use hardware decoding.

That makes the smart focus feature not work, but at least the stream works.
It may not be the camera that has a problem during the day, but your phones or viewing devices?
Maybe they are busier doing something during the day?

Just more straws to grasp at…

Thanks, I have that set on the Android tablets already and IOS doesn’t have that option on my iPhone 13 or oPads because it isn’t needed. Good idea though.

I did see this workaround posted but I am also on iOS so not an option.

Also not able to view with 2K as it is frozen. SD and 360 work fine. Also the same audio issues I was having with my regular V3 are still happening in the pro but it is a different noise in the audio now.

For IOS, it doesn’t matter since it has built in dedicated decoders that it uses, unlike Android which shares the processor and often defaults to software decoding unless you select hardware in an app. It does vary some with brand on Android. I do notice a big difference on an Android tablet that I also use. That one studders even on a V2 camera without enabling hardware decoding, then it works fine. My iPhones and iPads always stream solid exept for this V3 Pro daytime issue which also effects the Android tablet with hardware decoding enabled.

As I am still grasping at straws… As you tried turning off all your other cams and devices to see if that was the issue, try turning off all other apps on your phone or tablet and see if it makes a difference…

Are you able to stream in 2K at night?

In addition to having streaming issues when using 2k, I also have sound issues.

The next time this happens, try toggling Hardware Decoder and see if it makes a difference.

I have been reading reports that some people who have it toggled on have had problems streaming in 2K. If you don’t have it on, try toggling it on and see if that changes it for you. That would be interesting to hear.

I don’t have this problem at all (difference between night and day), so I can’t test. My V3Pros are streaming well all day long (well, I do seem to have a second skipped on the time counter every 6 seconds or so on the livestream, but not on the recorded events).

I do know someone from Wyze said there is another Firmware update coming next week that should help with a bunch of stuff. I know it also includes things related to streaming on the Webview, so who knows if it will also help with other streaming stuff or not. I guess just be on the lookout for that and report back either way.

2 Likes

I tried that on an Android tablet and it didn’t help. I need hardware acceleration on for Android or the plain V3 cameras studder and have too much lag. My main devices are IOS and they don’t have an option in the app since Apple devices have dedicated decoder hardware in the processors

I don’t normally leave bad comments on things, but some things just eat at me.

How does something that is supposed to be better than the one that came before, get out the door with such problems?

How are consumer devices not tested with consumer peripherals (cell phones, tablets, the company’s own WebView service)?

Basically, “you asked, we delivered”…
“Oh, but let us know if they actually work, we don’t have a clue if they do or not.”

I am probably one of the biggest Wyze supporters in terms of purchased and in use devices.

But good luck getting a notice of possible problems, “we are aware, the issue is on our end, and we will release fixes soon.”
Also, good luck finding what exactly each firmware addresses.
When you click on more info, it just takes you to a standard page about what firmware updates are, but no information on the current one you are about to upgrade to.
And web searches turn up zilch as well on the version.
Us actual Beta testers you would think they would treat nice while we help them work out their new functions, etc.

Notices come out when they have a major service outage, such as for Home Monitoring, but not when response time gets slow for motion detection, event triggers, etc.
The only firmware update that I got an email notice about was yesterday:
Wyze Home Monitoring: Upcoming Fix to the Security Camera Feature
Never have I received anything about any other firmware issue they were working on.

Oh well, rant off for now.

5 Likes

That’s not a great test. The question is when and how the camera decides it’s nighttime. That would be either by its internal clock or by a sensor…

Oh, I completely agree since we don’t know the trigger definitively, but until we get some verification from Wyze, it’s at least a good theory and something to test. I suppose if it’s a sensor, it could be tested by bringing it into a bright room.
I don’t think I currently have any software that can identify frames per second on a stream. I can probably check FPS with one of my video editing programs, but that would work for downloaded clips, not live streaming and it may not be the same.

Um, TinyCam displays the fps of my Wyzecams while viewing them live. I thought the Wyze app did so too?

The Wyze app displays the KB/s, not fps for the regular V3 and V2, but that is missing on the new V3 pro interface completely, at least on IOS. I think I still have an Android tablet with TinyCam, I can try to check that.

Yes, as @Customer mentions, in the TinyCam Pro live view, hit the “i” information icon a couple of times and you should cycle through to see video codec, fps and KB/s

2 Likes

Not only is that missing, so is the ability to turn on and off the starlight and infra red night vision modes whils viewing the picture. Also missing is the invisible infrered light mode that the non pro 3 has, that the 3 pro does not.

1 Like

“Starlight” is the sensor itself. It’s a starlight sensor, it helps in all low light situations, wither night vision mode is enabled or not.

To change night vision modes, change your dusk/dawn settings, enable or disable the ir lights are only in the advanced settings menu currently.

1 Like

Something to add for this dilemma. I got out a newer Lenovo M10 Plus full HD Android 10 tablet I have and it does seem to stream in 2k. Not perfectly, it’s a little jumpy and skips a second every few, but it does at least stream instead of freezing. With hardware decoder turned off, it’s much more jumpy, but still kind of works.

That means for whatever reason, the problem is more with the IOS app. My iPhone 13 with the A15 Bionic processor and a dedicated 4 core GPU is more powerful than the Lenovo M10 tablet, but the Android tablet does stream 2k, not great, but much better.