We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

Thanks for following up to let me know it worked this time. :slight_smile: I’m always glad to hear when something helped or was successful (helps us to know that it is worth referring others to try the same thing if anyone else also experiences something similar when they try).

1 Like

I have the same issue, the Cam Plus Slider sliders are visible in My Account but when I try to slide them ON, they just slide right back to the OFF position.

Did you have any regular cam plus on your account already or legacy person detection from over a year ago? If so, it likely hasn’t finished being automatically activated in your account yet. Right now it would be a placeholder until the server activation completes the transfer for everyone over the next few days, no need to do anything, it will be working soon.

I loath sneaky marketing gimmicks. Just be honest with your customers.You want them to believe you’re adding something when in reality you are taking something away: “Starting February 15th, only cameras opted into Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite will have Event video recordings saved to the cloud.”

1 Like

I agree. These are all just sneaky marketing tricks that will ultimately alienate more customers. Wyze’s credibility and goodwill is tanking fast.

1 Like

Not true…unless there is another flaw on your web site. You CANNOT enter $0 for the amount.

Can you provide what you are seeing and which camera’s show in the list for you or you have for CPL? I assisted to set two up yesterday for $0.

Here is a link to the steps to do it:

Wyze activated cam plus lite on my account. I am a legacy account that had person detection activated on most of my cameras. Since the other day “Alexa” stopped stopped announcing “person detected”? Everything else seems ok.

Don’t think this was directly addressed… Will in fact the Alexa person announcements be supported in “CamPlus Lite”? (They are supported in legacy person detection.)

Wyze Team,

I think the Cam Plue Lite name your own price is a fantastic idea. I decided to go ahead and subscribe to the Cam Plus (not Lite) as a way to support Wyze and all the great products you bring to market at amazingly reasonable prices. I encourage everyone, if you can possibly afford it to either contribute something by way of the Cam Plus Lite program or go ahead and get the regular Cam Plus subscription.

Thanks again Wyze Team and continued success in 2022 and beyond.

Best Regards,
Joe

2 Likes

This is the way open-source software works and quite frankly not supporting Wyze is a sure way to end up having to buy Ring products, or similar. The prices for both the devices and the required subscriptions are ridiculously high.

I don’t know you or your financial situation and hope you are doing well. I have chosen to support Wyze and try to help them stay in business. They are effectively giving you free software, or whatever you choose to pay and do not understand why you would complain. I see nothing sneaky here, instead I see a company being transparent before they go bankrupt. I have boxes full of devices and gadgets from great companies that no longer function just because the companies could not compete against the big guys. I am happy to help protect the future functionality of my devices, as well as help Wyze stay in business.

Either way, have a great day.

Best Regards,
Joe

1 Like

Can someone point me to what this topic is based on? I just looked at my account. I have 5 cameras and pay around $75 a year for recordings. That could be completely wrong since I added the 5 cams at different times and fees get prorated etc.

Above that section as the screen grab shows is aCam Lite section and when I select that it asks about contributing a fee each month.

It’s this similar to what gas is electric companies do to help those who can’t afford such utilities?

Maybe I missed an announcement email???

Thanks,
Richard

Those steps might be useful IF the link actually offered Cam Plus Lite.

If you go to the link you just provided, you log in, then you are taken to https://prod.services.wyze.com/ where you are offered a number of choices:

• Cam Plus
  • Cam Plus Pro
  • Wyze Home Monitoring
  • Sprinkler Plus

But NO Cam Plus Lite

Aha! THIS link worked.

1 Like

Amazing! It just started to work. Alexa responded to 2 of my cams. Hopefully all’s well again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It just started to worked. I just heard Alexa say “Person detected at front door cam”

1 Like

For me it’s addictive. I love the feature. Especially post-pandemic.

@sacredworld
The main difference between Cam Plus and Cam Plus Lite is with Cam Plus Lite you only will get the 12-second videos with the 5 minute cool down, with Cam Plus you get videos for as long as there is motion and the cool down period is removed.

The flaw in your argument is that they are NOT open source. They are a for- profit company and God bless them for that;however, they cannot act like a patreon /open source company with their hats in their hands one day and act like a startup seeking to disrupt the industry the next with a questionable business model.

They sold a product with no uncertain terms that said you got 12 second clips of cloud storage and even person detection in the xnor days. Then they took those away and want to frame it as them giving it to us and then making us feel like beggers by having to go through the process of saying we don’t want to pay them again.

If they want to go the open source route then go that route and accept the rules of that path. If they want to be a closed for profit business then honor the terms you set to start with. It is in fact deceptive to do so otherwise.

7 Likes

Agreed

1 Like