View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

The whole app is working better for me…even some of my cameras are in real time with the clock updating by second…seems like a lot of improvement since the last time I looked.

1 Like

Seems to be slightly improved from when I checked a couple of weeks ago:

• I have 25 cameras show on the dashboard. A few cameras aren’t supported though (battery cams, shared cams, etc).
  • I have 16 cameras that definitely should be able to stream on webview.
  • I can stream 6-8 cams fairly easily. I tested this at least 5 times and I tried doing it in different orders, and it seems the first 6-8 connect fairly easily for me, I got up to 9 streaming on one of my 5 attempts.
  • I am running a pretty good Mesh router with 1gbps bandwidth up & down.

I am guessing they were working on something earlier today.

Cool Tip I just learned:

So, on Google/Nest Hub or Google TV/Chromecast you can normally only stream one camera at a time, right? Well, if you load up this webview in Google Chrome, then you can right-click on the webpage and choose “Cast”

And cast it to a display or the TV and now see LOTS of cameras all at once on the device device, instead of just a single tab:

(above is a Gen 2 Google/Nest Hub/Display showing multiple cams at once)

And since I am streaming the tab itself, I don’t need to leave it on top of all the other windows. I tried covering it up, putting other windows on top of it and it still kept streaming the webview of several cameras to my Google device. Pretty cool workaround to get multiple cams on my TV or Google display instead of just a single stream. :+1: In the future I might just use webview to watch all the outside cams in a group to maximize the viewing area without blanks. But it looks like I could fit 12-16 cams on screen all at once, which is pretty cool.

4 Likes

I did find another problem at the live site, I have some cameras at home and some at another location, the ones at home I can see with no problems on the live view on the windows computer with chrome but the ones at the other location (offsite) just keep spinning and spinning when I click on them… Now if I use my cell phone I have no problem to see them all and same if I use Bluestacks, then they work but not with the chrome browser and windows for the off location cameras. I think it’s always been like this, Just to let you know of this bug

Is the Door Bell Cam supported? It shows on my list but just spins and spins even after rebooting.

I would love to see the API allow streaming live for intergration in Home Assistant and other smart home platforms.

Wyze’s VP of Product talked a little bit about their future plans for integration and movement toward a more local control ecosystem, as well as working on something that would address a lot of the value others get from things like RTSP. It will be interesting to learn more about those details, but here’s what he recently discussed for future plans:

1 Like

Fantastic read, thank you.

2 Likes

How[ Mod Edit] do you unsubscribe to this thread? I get notifications [Mod Edit] constantly and nothing will end it.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Click the topic’s Notification options button and select a different option:

Then go into your Profile Preferences and choose a different Notification option for “When I post in a topic, set that topic to”.

3 Likes

Why not a simple “unsubscribe” button

1 Like

It’s not an Admin configurable label. It’s Discourse terminology: Watch, Track, Normal, Mute.

1 Like

KISS is the best protocol and both Wyze and Discourse should follow that. IMHO

1 Like

Too simple!

I am running the live view on my Windows 10 system. I currently have 8 Wyze cams and it appears that I can not have all live-streaming simultaneously. Two or three max at a time. And yes, it does appear that the app times out after a short while.

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see Wyze developing this capability! I am converting my home security system from Google Nest to Wyze and having the capability to have ALL of my cams visible on my LG widescreen (38") HD monitor is where I want to be. The only thing I will have to leave Nest is the wired doorbell because Wyze doesn’t allow you to use the wall chime with its video doorbell (hint hint).

Of my 2 dozen cams I am getting 6-9 max at a time, and other users have mentioned other limits for them, so I am guessing the limitation is based on something other than a global limitation.

I have Fiber with bandwidth at 1gbps up and down with an ASUS Mesh router Zenwifi AX6600.

So I don’t know if the limit depends on the bandwidth, the router, or something else, but I always get at least 6 at a time and sometimes 9. My Bandwidth and mesh router should seemingly be able to support basically all my cams streaming at a time though…so I would certainly be interested in this being expanded to support more at a time. But I can definitely confirm that I consistently get 6-9 at a time, so you should be able to get all of your 8 at once if you have a router/bandwidth that can handle it.

I think you all released this prematurely. I can seldom login because the CAPTCHA does not pop up. Fact that sometimes it does says the three browsers \i used are correctly configured. Even added the URL to the pop up allow list and still, get in maybe 5% of the time.

Feeds don’t always work, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. Recording don’t work either.

I put a support ticket but got basic answers as to clear cache, use incognito mode, use other browsers ect ect. Not really a true solution

|It is a good effort, but its not ready to roll out folks.

This is an Alpha version at best. Major bugs still need worked out to go to Beta where you have minor and some moderate bugs, and is also the time to implement new features. Most Betas are in a closed group where testers report directly to a group that is monitored by the software maker and take direction from the group. Also in Beta, features that they want as paid are provided free to the Beta tester until the features are implemented in a general release. I’ve been in Beta groups in the past. If Cam Plus is required, then that should be provided FREE to Beta testers.

1 Like

Amen, brother, amen!

I got attacked when I pointed out how a proper Beta for web view should have worked. We don’t know what is being worked on, you cannot report anything, and we get no updates. Even the App Beta does better, and we see updates on a regular basis. I’m not sure what happened here, but Wyze really let their customers down. I’ve been trying to contact them, since the forum is not monitored. All we need is someone within Wyze to step up and start providing some minimal information.

I agree, not a proper Beta or anything. There needs to be someone in charge that takes our fix and feature recommendations seriously, and report them directly to the development people working on Web View, and report back from the Web View development people on what is being done and if they can implement requested features. Ideally Web View should work exactly the same as the phone app.

1 Like