V3 remains offline after 2024/02/16 outage - Device Info reports Wyze Cam Floodlight firmware

This has been reported and discussed elsewhere, but figured the issue is more than worthy of its own thread. For those of you that still have V3 cameras offline, you may want to check the firmware version listed within Settings | Device Info.

It appears that several of us have V3 cameras that will not come online after the outage. Prior to the outage, all of my V3 cameras had the same version of firmware. After the outage, one of my V3 cameras now lists firmware that is used for the original Wyze Cam Floodlight.

One user has reported that removing the camera from the app and then re-adding it resolved the issue. I have not attempted any fixes yet as my camera is in a difficult to reach location and outside in 10°F weather. @WyzeJasonJ stated he will let the appropriate people know about the issue. That was over 10-hours ago.

I am hopeful that a manual flash of the firmware will resolve this issue without having to delete and add the camera. I will be trying this later and will report back my findings. Here is a screen shot of my V3 reporting Wyze Cam Floodlight firmware.

3 Likes

Mine is still there also

2 Likes

Having the same situation with a V3 cam. One works fine and another is inaccessible and shows fw 0.0.0.30.

3 Likes

Hmm, I cannot find that firmware version listed for any of the Wyze products. I think it might be the original version of the Wyze Sense Bridge firmware?

Clearly WYZE caused this issue on the back-end. It sure would be nice if they could also fix it on the back-end so we do not have to mess around with our devices trying to figure out a fix on our end!

3 Likes

It is. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I hope they fix this on their end.
Similarly, this camera is under a soffit, difficult to reach and it’s only 10F here also.

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ
A manual flash to the latest firmware did not bring the camera on line. I know the flash took as the light turned purple/blue after powering on and holding setup button simultaneously. (Being a customer since 2018 I am more than familiar with flashing WYZE cam firmware.)

I am going to try flashing to a previous version to see if that does it. After all the camera already had the latest version on it prior to the outage. I will report back when I know more.

2 Likes

One of my 16 operational V3 cameras has not come back up after the outage yesterday. I am also showing an odd firmware version: 1.0.0.52. And of course it’s a camera at the very peak of the roof, and because of my knee replacement surgery 18 days ago, I am not allowed on ladders. I can ping the camera with it’s IP address just fine.
Screenshot_20240217-091211

1 Like

Before you put yourself in danger, and if you haven’t already done so, I would try rebooting your router/APs/mesh system. Sounds farfetched, but worth a try.

1 Like

I did a factory reset on my problem V3 and it is now back in operation after setting it up again and it has the correct firmware on it. :blush:

2 Likes

Did you only do a reset (press/hold reset button for 10+ seconds, re-add cam) or did you also do a flash?

1 Like

I did a flash first but it would not come on line so I did the Factory reset by holding down the set up button and set it up as new. I had to type in the 2.4 SSID and Password.

2 Likes

Whenever I feel the need to flash, I always do a factory reset 1st, then flash. Too often, a flash alone does not fix anything for whatever reason. It sounds like reset/flash flash/reset order doesn’t matter. Glad you got yours up and running! :+1:

I’m still wishing we had an answer to “What the heck is going on with the firmware version?”

2 Likes

I just flashed to the previous version. That did not bring it online. I then deleted the camera from the app. I then tried to add it again by holding the setup button. When I scanned the QR code the camera says, “Connection time out please rescan QR code”. I then removed the uSD card and tried it again with the same results.

I think my camera is officially toast?

1 Like

Did you do the factory reset?

Also, do any of you have the Automatic Update toggled “On”? Just wondering how this mess came to be…

1 Like

WOOT! I got it to connect. After hearing, “Connection time out please rescan QR code”, I held the setup button for like 20 seconds straight. The camera restarted and then took me through the setup process again. Now to power it off, insert the uSD card, and go through my rules.

What a PITA, but I am glad it is not a paperweight!

2 Likes

Back in place looking for my critter friends.

2 Likes

That is the factory reset process. Good to hear it’s working again! yahoo

2 Likes

Blossoms in February???

1 Like

I turned my auto updates off a long time ago, you are the one who told me how to do it. :rofl:

2 Likes