No one can help me camera offline but it's not

I’ve talked to 3 different wyze people and issue remains all 3 of myv3 cams on the home page say they are offline, but you click on them and it goes to the live feed. I can’t update firmware cuz it says cameras offline. I’ve deleted the device uninstalled reinstalled app then added them again and same issue. I’m at my wits end I’m a yearly subscriber to cam plus, I have bulbs, outdoor cam, all plugs and I’m literally about to trash them all because no one can help me figure out how to fix this issue.

1 Like

Try a manual flash to the latest firmware, see if that takes. Here are the instructions:

1 Like

Re boot your router,phone and sign out of your app,then sign back in,I would try another phone,tablet and see what you get,it’s definitely on your end and not on mfg site

I’ve completely deleted the devices logged out uninstalled the app and redownloaded it completely readded devices (which is a pain by the way). Rebooted router, and as far as different devices go it’s been happening through 3 different phones now, first was a Google pixel 3, then Samsung S20 5g, and now Google pixel 6 pro. It’s only my V3 cams too. I don’t understand it.

Did you clear the cache out on your app settings? Sounds like your user ID is courpited,sign in with a new account and share your cameras with new ID name, I have 2 setup on my end for locations,

This should be partially an app problem. Obviously the app knows its online but says its offline there. That could use an improvement from Wyze app developers at the very least.

However, it requires knowledge of the app code to know where it could be failing. Really Wyze should be able to figure it out if you provide logs to them or maybe even without them.

It might prove to work to manually update the firmware from the sd card. I think that is your best course of action right now.

v3 firmware can be downloaded to your computer from here:

Instructions to flash the firmware from the sd card:

This should be partially an app problem. Obviously the app knows its online but says its offline there. That could use an improvement from Wyze app developers at the very least.

However, it requires knowledge of the app code to know where it could be failing. Really Wyze should be able to figure it out if you provide logs to them or maybe even without them.

It might prove to work to manually update the firmware from the sd card. I think that is your best course of action right now.

v3 firmware can be downloaded to your computer from here:

Instructions to flash the firmware from the sd card:

This characteristic has existed since day one. It just happens. Sometimes you can fix it with some of the methods previously mentioned. Most of the time, that does not help. After some amount of time, the Wyze server (what is reporting the camera off-line) will figure out that the camera is really there. Might happen in a few hours, might be a few weeks.
It’s not really service affecting since as you noted, you can select the camera and watch it (except as part of a group).
Should it be fixed? Yes…

1 Like

My recent experience may support what @K6CCC sez:

Exactly mines going on several months now.

Also was wondering if the beta program was part of it as I am a beta tester as well.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s frustrating, I know. Sometimes waiting is the best strategy - sometimes not.

I had just chosen NOT to take corrective action (by reflashing firmware) and the dam thing fixed itself. It’s rare that a reward comes that quickly. :slight_smile:

Only you can decide if you wanna get proactive, climb and pull a camera that may be mounted high, experiment with flashing production firmware, etc.

I’m not a beta tester because it seems to me the definition of looking for trouble. But I understand there are plenty who thrive on the challenge. They hasten the fixes so more power to 'em.

There’s probably a best method to back out of beta (with respect to the hardware/firmware.) Maybe someone familiar will point you to it if that appeals?

Cheers. -peep

I sure see alot of people having issues with firmware updates and other issues, we currently manage over 87 wyze cams some belong to us the others are customers that we have on maintanice contracts and on Wednesday we had a meeting with our site technicians and ask them if we have had any service requests in the past 60 days for wyze cameras. The response was yes 2 calls and both had to do with customers that got logged out of the wyze app and had known clue what there password was…I also asked our technicians about firmware updates and they said no issues at all.All of the customers are useing wireless outdoor battery camera with solar panels, and inside/outside the V3 and a dew of the new PTZ version 2 we have notice alot of customers want that model,we asked them why and most of them said the low light,and the auto tracking mode that the PTZ offers and the low price…well hope all had a great turkey day and a safe weekend…

Cheers, K, a good weekend to you, too… :slight_smile:

Please DM @WyzeBaohua with the hardware address of any cameras that show as offline so they can investigate.

1 Like

I’ve a V3 (F/W 4.36.7.22) that’s showing offline/online. It’s about 20’ up outside and difficult to get to.
The MAC address is xxxxxxxxxxxx
I can view it, take snapshots, view playback on sd card. If I open the group it is in it shows the last “live” scene before I closed the group. If I open the individual camera to view and close it does not update the scene in the group view.

Big problems are - can’t update firmware, can’t add to Cam Plus.
Sent a msg to @WyzeBaohua ,
Anybody else getting a fix?
/edit it had seemed to work fine for a month or so.

Thank you so much for DM me. We are in progress solving this issue and we have identified the root cause. The plan is to solve it in the app v2.28 release. Thank you very much.

6 Likes

Following. Same issue with v3 floodlight.

Me also. Floodlight still works, but the V3 camera shows offline. It won’t reconnect. I have restarted modem and router and flipped breaker off to that circuit.

Good luck. Mine are still showing offline, even though they’re not when you click on them. Which sucks because it doesn’t give me event notifications,nor can I update the firmware. Pretty much pointless cameras. Which is a shame cuz I’ve been with wyze since version one came out. Sadly though this next month I’m cutting ties as none of my issues have been resolved or even given a solution. Everything any one has suggested I’ve tried and it does absolutely nothing. Google nest or ring here I come. Maybe Arlo not sure. I tried blink when they first came out, terrible. Bummer because I’ve backed almost all wyzes products you would think they would [Mod Edit] about losing long time customer but they’ve grown to be like Google and Amazon and other big customers where losing one upset customer dosent mean anything to them.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like