No one can help me camera offline but it's not

Sure glade i font have issues, one 1 issue last year V3 doa out of the box thats it

Yes we know. You’re system runs flawlessly. Congratulations :tada:. Now if they could get all customers the same quality service we’d be on to something.

Well thanks,its not them…all of the system that we deployed for homeowners have no issues, so with that said,maybe you have a few cams that are showing components that are failing…the others are useing V3,wireless outdoor cameras

I don’t think I understand what you’re saying. The only cameras having issues are my v3 all three of them my two outdoor cameras work … For the most part. You say it’s not them but multiple people have said they have the same issue. So if its not wyze it’s the wyze product or service either way it is them. In fact I believe one of the comments in this thread was a wyze employee who specifically stated they were aware of the issue and planned to have a fix by the next update.

Interesting, whats the issue with the V3?

Yeah actually

And here we are I’m running app version 2.28.0 and the problem still remains…

So if it’s not wyze I ask you who is it?

What this whole thread has been about it says they are offline but they’re not. You can’t update firmware etc

1 Like

This is a known problem with multiple devices ATM (V2, V3, 2021 Plug), and I have not heard of a fix yet. Hopefully one is coming soon. It does not affect everyone.

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please submit a log from that offline V3? We can check it’s IoT offline reason. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Brockley1 having trouble with V3 Cam offline:

Here’s what I just did and it fixed my offline issue that had been happening for about 5 days now (including not being able to upgrade, which it now has upgraded to 4.36.8.32)

Even though is said ‘Offline’, I could click on the camera and view (realtime) video… (cars/trucks passing by); Butt! The time stamp was not updating.
I clicked on ‘View Playback’ and went back about 2 minutes clicking on the ‘30seconds backward’ button. It backed up but was still not showing the time stamp going forward. So I ‘dragged’ the time back about an hour and waited for the clock to sync up to the time and it started forward and the time stamp was now running. I hit the ‘30seconds forward’ button a couple of times, and the viewback timestamp continued to roll forward correctly. I clicked on ‘View Live Stream’ and everything was back to normal. When I clicked on the top left arrow button to go back; it still said ‘Offline’… (I have this camera grouped with others)… I went back again to the main ‘Home’ page, then clicked on the Camera Group again… Voila! No more ‘Offline’ display!

Don’t know if this was just some magic, or if it’ll work for others… Let Us Know!

I had issues like this at one time too. I updated my internet speed and purchased a new router and I have not had any problems since. Same thing happened with my parents and after installing a new wireless router and not using the one the cable company rented to them, their cameras no longer go offline at random times. I think part of the issue is that with the cameras and all other wireless devices, older routers just don’t have enough bandwidth to keep up with everything, so they prioritize by giving more bandwidth to the more active wireless devices.

Another big thing at play here is the amount of wireless clients or connections that the “all in one” routers can handle, which isn’t very much at all. When I moved all my wireless traffic off my ISP s all in one to a dedicated access point that I had mounted in an optimal spot for my house, lots of my problems went away. Was able to fit alot more device connections, no more connection issues over time etc.