Wyze Cam says Offline, but is definitely Online

Title says it all. The camera displays as offline unless viewed and then everything is fine. I’ve tried resetting it and everything.

11 Likes

I hear ya. I have one in a remote household that just went offline out of the blue. Was working perfectly for months. A different cam there is working fine. Have not trekked out there to check it out. Could be anything. Couldn’t imagine what, tho.

1 Like

Hey there, Pauljbutcher.

This hasn’t happened to me but…

1. Ensure your camera’s firmware is upgraded to the latest version.
  2. Ensure your app is updated to the latest version.
  3. Contact Wyze Support at hello@wyzecam.com if none of this helps.

Best of luck,

Kenner

I understand that the Android App 2.3.80 does not instantly recognize changes in status. To show an accurate state change from Online to Offline could take up to 8 minutes. To show a state change from Offline to Online could take 5 minutes.

1 Like

@jjr It has been like this for a couple of weeks. It will always say offline in the cam preview but when selected everything works fine.

10 Likes

Hello. I have had the same problem with one of my cameras for the last 3 or 4 days. It says offline, but when i select it, it work fine.

8 Likes

This happened to me yesterday where my cameras all of a sudden reported different status then they were, such as offline when they were online. I am keeping an eye on them to see if there are any patterns. It was not all my cameras, just a select few.

3 Likes

I too started having this issue on one of my three cameras. I’m still getting notification on motion and it records, and as stated by others, it connects when you select it in the app, but I can’t turn it off or restart it because it says it is offline. I contacted support but they were not able to help. This started to happen shortly after I did their latest firmware update. @WyzeLi, any help?

3 Likes

I had this problem. Deleted the cam and installed again. Solved!

1 Like

Thanks. Do you know if I have to be on my home network to re-install the camera? I’m guessing, yes. I don’t have access to it right now.

Still doing the same thing for me. I’ve since set it aside and decided not to use it.

2 Likes

Here are the Troubleshooting Guides. You can also run through the troubleshooting flow chart by clicking “Begin Troubleshooting” at the top of this page.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the previous website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

Did you do a hard reset or reset it through the app?

Me, too! Happened yesterday late afternoon. I just unplugged/plugged in the cam and it was fine–stil is fine as of right now.

Using Beta software.

I tried to reset from the App when this first occurred but it won’t let me because it says that camera is offline.
Update Mysteriously my camera is now showing online. I have no idea why it worked itself out after 2 weeks but it did.

I’d like to add a me too on this thread. Mine is a V1 though. Strange thing is I still get alerts that it recorded some events but I cannot view live images.

This happened to me. I was able to simply unplug the camera for 60 seconds and plug it back in and it was back online. Worth a try.

1 Like

I’ve been having this issue on on all 3 of my v2 cams for 6+ months now. The issue is sporadic so hard to fix. I’ve worked with support several times. they’ve asked for logs but it always come back unresolved. No issue on V1 cam

2 Likes

Were you able to get this resolved eventually? I’m on the same boat and haven’t found a solution yet. It’s literally going online/offline within minutes and driving me nuts!

1 Like

I have one that is always stating it’s offline, but it’s not, works fine. connection is good, tried restarting but ko, tried mains off but ko, tried reinstall from the app but still offline !!

When is wyze going to fix this problem?

1 Like