Wyze Cam says Offline, but is definitely Online

Ive got the same thing. Using the apps help & feedback section I got the automated response to unplug and replug in the camera. I’m away for another week but hopefully that will work and show the online status.

Same problem. Will Wyze be fixing this longstanding issue?

Same problem. Camera works. Video is good. App shows offline. I cannot see recorded videos from sensors on this camera :frowning:

Problem fixed look at my post below

Problem fixed look at my post below

I fixed the problem, i had to manually flash the firmware of the Wyze Cam, it’s quite easy if you follow the steps:

Here are the steps on how to do a Firmware Flash.

1. Wyze Cam v2 and Pan firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
  2. Download a specific version of firmware, For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Just drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo.bin.
  3. Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
  4. Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
    Note: The “Solid Blue” in this case is not the same as the one normally seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once, making it appear to be a lighter blue.
  5. Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
  6. Once this is done, your camera should be functioning with the original setup. No need to re-setup your camera.

Mod Note: While Wyze now supports larger SD cards, a 32GB or smaller SD card is still required to do a manual flash of the firmware.

Here is the link for the release notes: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes-Firmware

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Have tried everything suggested by the support team and in the forums. I have flashed all available firmware versions back as far as they go and the issue is still there. I have deleted and set up the camera multiple times. I have deleted the app several times and tried reinstalling. I checked the list of ports required for the services to operate and updated my router with the IPv4 port forwarding and IPv6 port opening rules for all services the Wyze camera runs. Still not working and I have not been able to set up any other devices in the starter kit due to this issue. Now I think it is time to request a refund…

@tenagain2002 Thank you for your help. But access to this camera is very difficult. It is 554 ft up on the roof of a building in Manhattan. I need a way to fix it remotely. This camera just did a firmware update and it worked again for several days. I don’t understand what is going on.

3 Likes

This worked! Thank you!!

1 Like

You have that set up pretty nicely from what I recall in a different thread - do you have it on a remotely controlled power supply (like a smart plug) so you can hard boot it remotely?

Since it’s powered via POE, I can disable inline-power at the switch port and enable it again. It reboots. But restarting it does not fix this issue :frowning:

Yes but that will allow you to change firmware more easily, or at least update it, and still reboot if required. Hmm, but I guess you need SD card access to downgrade? Sorry, I never gave it thought.

Well for my situation it is easier to configure a new one and swap it when I’m there next. Some are very high up on a tower.

1 Like

Very cool. For your application you need a configuration that is just rock solid. I wish I knew the most stable setup (firmware, app, etc.). It’s too bad you can’t fake your own Wyze update server to “upgrade” to your firmware of choice over the air via the regular app process. Only other thought is simply doubling or tripling up on the hardware so you have some resiliency or fallback.

Anyway, this is a strange bug and I’m surprised it’s not more reported. (I don’t think it’s happened to me.). Good luck.

I have exactly this issue for about 6 months now. I have multiple cameras, the issue doesn’t follow a specific camera. at any given time at least one will be “offline” but you may be able to see the video if you select it. The router has a good signal and I am using an ASUS so it should be no problem there I suspect. I even have the router to reboot every night to attempt to help. this doesnt solve it either.

It started when I installed my third camera. since then some of the cameras have been replaced due to bricking during the update and yet the same issue persists.
MN

Power cycled modem and router. Restored on reboot.

My 3 cams were working fine until about 4pm today. They suddenly went “OFFLINE” in the app, but worked when selected. However, the recording and notification of motion does not seem to be working as before. During my troubleshooting, I rebooted my modem/router, deleted one camera and reinstalled, and then all cameras said “ONLINE”. That lasted about 10 minutes, and then suddenly they went “OFFLINE” again but worked when selecting the individual cameras in the app but motion detect and recording is not working. I love these cameras when they are working but get so frustrated when things suddenly change and I have to go troubleshooting again! These are not reliable cameras to depend on for 24/7/365 security as I was hoping they would be!

EDIT: After changing NIGHTMODE from AUTO to OFF, the cameras and notifications came back on again.

1 Like

found out router had airtime fairness enabled. turned it off and all online for weeks straight now. mn.

1 Like

Similar issue. I have 6 cameras. Installed the 6th yesterday, it is a V1. Says offline in the app. But I can stream from it, view playback, etc. But main screen says offline. Account/firmware upgrade says N/A for that camera that shows offline. Notifications seem to work. Did a chat with support and since I’m not at the camera (it’s at a remote location) can’t troubleshoot camera so can’t help me. Sigh. Guess I should be happy I can view livestream.

Now May 2021 and this issue remains persistent. I’ve had a support ticket open for over a week now without a single helpful response. This is pretty crazy to have a bug exist for this amount of time.

1 Like