V3 angled window mount

Wouldn’t one of these work ?

Hello @tlhutch4 .
None of the four shown in post 20 is best for you.

FSV3 15°L 0°D.stl

Click on this link and save it to a folder. The file should end up in your computer in the downloads directory as file FSV3 15°L 0°D.stl this file can then be sent as is to a friend or a library to be 3D printed.

If this is not convenient for you, I will have it printed for you and then send it to you.

Let me know.

Victor.

2 Likes

Victor, I would love to have you print and send this to me. What would the cost be to make and send this to me and how would I make payment if I do this ?
Am I correct that the device would fit my Wyze V3, mount against my window glass tightly, not allow light in from behind and be at the angle shown on the link you sent me.
I’m only guessing that the angle on the one in the link you sent would be correct for my application. However it sure looks like it would do the job.

Thanks, Tom

Hello All and @altaid.

A further comment about the Amazon,com: Adhesive corner mount link in post 13. Seems expensive
Also, the sloping shelf will result in out-of-plumb images when the camera is aimed close to one of the corner walls. For security purposes, this is not important.

I have developed two versions of the Cam Pan Corner mount, both equally functional to the linked Amazon.com version.

The first version is shown below and its link below it:
CamPan Corner Supp Sloped
Here is the link for the sloped shelf version of the print file: CamPan Corner Supp Sloped.stl

CamPan Corner Supp Level
Here is the link for the version with the level shelf: CamPan Corner Supp Level.stl

Below is a more realistic rendering of the mounts.

Cam Pans Corner Mounts Render

Both of these mounts will require an NC 1/4"x20x1/5" machine screw in metal or Nylon, and also some 3M VHB double-sided adhesive tape. The tape is the most expensive item.
Maybe you are lucky to have a good friend or a 3D printing library near you.
These files in normal print mode take about 3 hours and 36" and 13.4meters of filament to print.

Victor.

3 Likes

Hello @tlhutch4 , Tom.
I will get the file printed at a local library for you at no cost. Send a $10 dollar bill and your address to:
Victor Maletic
PO Box 2454
Antioch, California, 94531,
It cost about $10 to ship with a USPS mailing box.

Victor

3 Likes

You’re such a nice guy Victor. Maybe you should set up an Etsy account and start selling some of them. You’re obviously quite skilled at making useful 3D print designs. There are plenty of people on there who make a good amount of money doing this kind of stuff. Maybe you’ll make enough to buy your own 3D printer and then be able to turn it into a decent income.

I love what a kind helpful guy you are in the community. Thanks for being you, buddy.

3 Likes

Are email addresses for people who post on the Forums available somewhere ?

I believe this forum frowns on publicly sharing any private information and deletes it as soon as it is noticed.

But you can certainly private message anyone by clicking on their handle and using the blue Message button with the envelop icon. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply about sharing…tlhutch4

1 Like

Can someone help me figure out how to view my list of Private Messages that I have sent via this Fourm please…tlhutch4

It depends on whether you are using a browser, Wyze app, etc., etc., etc. In short… look for your avatar somewhere at the top, click avatar, click message icon (may have to click message icon twice), then click Sent. Another way, if you know how to view your profile… open your profile, click “Messages”, click “Sent”.

2 Likes

I know it has been a while, but wyze just released their V4 cam, seems like the body of the camera is different from the V3 series. @victormaletic Hope you can strike again and create v4 angled mounts! Appreciate your hard work on previous 3D print files, it helped me a lot! Thank you.

1 Like