V2 WPA3 support - Does anyone have it working?

Just coming back to give an update. I was told it is currently in QA testing and after it passes that it will start working through beta. I do not have the timeline though, I will keep an eye on the progress though.

2 Likes

Well that’s good to hear, thanks @WyzeJasonJ . Is this for V2, V3, or both?

1 Like

I was replying specifically about v2 and Pan v1, I will have to see if the schedule is the same for the others.

3 Likes

So it could still be a year or more? Certainly wasn’t Q4 last year or Q1 this year. For functionality “officially released” 19 months ago I would think there would be a bit more priority. I’m not shooting the messenger here, but am making an observation. Thank you for the update. Once it hits beta please let me know, I’ll be more than happy to join the beta team to test this functionality.

I don’t see it as shooting the messenger. I would love to know the answers to why it was listed as released when it never was. All I can do at this point is to keep bugging them to release it and updating here.

2 Likes

Thanks again @WyzeJasonJ .

My speculation is in July of 2021 the development team fixed the bugs with their WPA2 implementation such that the v2 cams would function in mixed (aka transition) mode security properly. It is the only thing that makes sense to me, as WPA3 has simply never worked across the entire product line.

I know for a fact that there was a point in time that the v2 cams did not function in transition mode. To further speculate, whomever was involved in creating the July 2021 release notes was either given incorrect information or interpreted the information they were given incorrectly. Again, that’s my theory as to what happened. This speculative theory could be tested by rolling back firmware versions, but I’m not feeling nearly that ambitious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nearly another 6 months has slipped by and still nothing. @WyzeJasonJ do you happen to have an update on this? We are coming up on two full years since WYZE stated this WPA3 was functioning on v2 Cams. Where is the accountability?

I do not have an update on this, I will, however, dig in again and remind them at one point we stated this was done.

1 Like

It has been seven months since you said you would dig in. Hopefully you have some news?

Thanks,
Known1

@WyzeJasonJ
Please advise regarding this matter.

I am still working on getting answers, I know they were looking into which devices could be updated to do WPA3 and I am waiting to hear which ones can.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Hopefully we will hear more soon. We are approaching 3 years since it was “officially released” on V2s.

1 Like

I finally have WPA3 in my access points at home. Now to get more than my phone that can use it.

2 Likes

I’m following this since I have this issue and have to run a separate legacy network for my 20 V3 cams, door locks, door bell pro and plugs

1 Like