v2/Pan firmware Release Candidate Test 7/6/2021

Lived in Belgium for 5 years as a High School kid… Learned enough French and Flemish to get around. Like you, no one here to really keep up with it. Now I read it better than I speak it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just did what you asked. There is a file named « upgrade.log » in the root directory. If this is the file you want, where I send it?

1 Like

Where should we send it?

1 Like

One other thing: Although I can’t connect to the camera, it is still recording events. PM sent with file.

That is interesting. If that is the case, could you also submit a device log from Wyze app and let me know the log number please? Much appreciated!

I know you already did one, but please do one more time. Just want to make sure we get as much info as possible.

O.K. - Sending it now. Can you PM an email address for the SD card log? I can’t upload it. 245291 - Just sent again.

One of my Cam Pans won’t update. It failed a couple of times and now I don’t even have the option to update. I’m stuck on the latest public firmware release.

We paused the firmware update as many of you reporting update failed. We will look into the logs we already received from users. We will keep you updated.

One more question - did you get a chance to submit the “Cam Pan wont update”? If so, please let me know the log number.

3 Likes

@XuLi We really appreciate the way you have handled this with communication, asking for logs and assuring us you’re aware of the reports and looking into the logs. Do you happen to know if anyone from Wyze is at least aware of all the bugs being discussed in this beta thread with the latest Hub firmware:

Several of us are having tons of bugs with the hub and sensors going totally offline in a lockup state 1-3 times a day, and we aren’t sure if anyone from Wyze is even aware of what’s going on. Could you at least confirm that someone is checking into those issues and evaluating the logs we submitted there? Any kind of communication about that would be very appreciated. I understand if these things take time, we mostly want assurance that someone is looking into it and working on figuring out what’s going on, and we haven’t heard anything, so we fear nobody even knows there are major issues with that firmware.

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for including the original post. Yes, I will help you escalate the Sense Hub issue to the right Wyze employee.

Sorry that I don’t have much involvement in that domain but, yes, I know who is PM for that.

4 Likes

No problem, at all, thank you so much for doing what you could to bring it to the right people’s attention. :smiley:

2 Likes

For those of you who keep getting Error 90 in Live Stream, could you please try delete your device and added it back like a new device? If you don’t mind give it a try.

Please report it back if you tried that. Thank you!

This was the only way I could get my Pan to work again. The camera no longer works with TinyCam, however, which I realize is not Wyze’s problem.

1 Like

Adding the cam back as a new device worked for me.

1 Like

I had 4 cameras that were down: 2 are remote sites, I will tend to them later. Of the 2 local cameras, one was working again this morning when I went into the app. The second was set up as new and is working again as well.

1 Like

Cannot try this solution because I have already reflashed the firmware to a previous version.

1 Like

Weird… Anyone else experiencing this?

After I updated firmware on several of my V2 cameras, I am no longer able to view the video feed in tinycampro… error: “P2P failed to connect by UID…” And tonight I installed 4.9.7.798 , but same results… Unable to view V2 camera feeds in tinycam pro… (Can only view these feeds in the Wyze app.)

1 Like

Same here, which I reported about 4 posts above yours in this thread, and also in the .798 thread:

True that Tiny Cam is not Wyze’s problem per se, although it is worth noting that the co-owner / main developer of Tiny Cam, Alexey Vasilyev, was very recently hired by Wyze (October 2020) as a Senior Software Engineer, and apparently Wyze didn’t require him to pull a plug as part of the agreement. He’s even continued to add more features to Tiny Cam, like access to the siren while still working for Wyze.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/avasilyev/

He was already really good at making things work for Tiny Cam even BEFORE he had inside access to the code. I imagine that he’ll be able to work around the new firmware updates, especially now that he has actual access to see what’s going on instead of having to hack his way in with reverse engineering everything. Make sure to sign up for TCPro Beta, and I bet he’ll have that fixed fairly soon.

Still, it wouldn’t hurt for someone to report that to him through his Tiny Cam Pro feedback so he’s at least aware of the beta firmware breakage.

1 Like

@Aardvark @FullyChargedTech

Tiny Cam put out a fix for this firmware today. Go update and you should be good. If you don’t see it, then apply as a beta tester for Tiny Cam (I am a beta tester and I got the update today).

I knew he’d handle it as soon as he was aware there was breakage from the new firmware, even though the firmware is just a beta.

3 Likes