Updates for Wyze Cam Unlimited - 5/9/2024

@WyzeJxue

Any chance the monitoring tab is going to get dark mode?

1 Like

Can anyone with both Cam Unlimited and HMS change their cam notifications with the new update? I think that might only be for people without HMS right now because I canā€™t figure out how to do it. Iā€™m sure it will come eventually, I am still loving the other updates though!

One thing that hasnā€™t been discussed much is the Summary section, which is also pretty cool! I love the My Day Show. I am curious why it isnā€™t listing all my cameras in the My Day show though. Iā€™ll have to look into it more later. Maybe some of them didnā€™t have events or something. Also, I really wish we could filter the thumbnail show to only show certain kind of events. Maybe exclude motion events or sound events for example without having to switch to only save smart detections and delete all motion events. I like having motion events available, but I might only care to get a summary of AI events, you know?

My summary says Iā€™ve had 6,615 motion events :joy: I assume thatā€™s just today/24hrs? 18 package events :joy: 1569 person events. :slight_smile:

It took 5 years to get a landscape homepage picture in the app on tablets. I would guess that dark mode throughout will come when the rest of the pages orient correctly. So 2029 give or take a week. IIRC it took a few app versions for the events page to be dark after the home page.

1 Like

Snagged that view from Houston Hot Chicken (much better than :frog: !)

Works for me

How to enable the multicam timeline view? I created a group but doesnt show option or view of the timeline in IOS

You need app version 2.50, at the bottom click on Monitoring and it will show up.

I am on the Web Forum using a PC.

Amazing features!

Wonder if in case of no event on other cameras it can still show their data from the sd card if exist. that would be awesome! some events are longer than actually stored on the cloud so that would help my usecase.

2 Likes

Regarding the Houston Hot Chicken demo in the first video of the original post:

What was the LAN/WiFi setup Wyze installed to support the cams and new features?

Interesting that you are forced to have at least 1 cam checked in multi-cam view. You canā€™t uncheck the last cam listed. You can only replace it with another cam before unchecking. Is there a logical reason for this. You should be able to assign cams as you desire when you open the slider.

I do like this new feature, but Wyze should have given more thought to the final product. Perhaps a change in a future update.

Although I have posted some critical observations in the forum, Iā€™m a fully on-board user with Wyze.

1 Like

Itā€™s not the laying on the counterā€¦ itā€™s the laying on the counter naked. :wink:

1 Like

Dirty old man :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m actually a self-certified therapist, soā€¦ not that dirty. :grin:

Im telling you, if you think your leather car seats are cold in winter. Let me tell you about granite countertops - anytime.

1 Like

May I suggest moving the Summary section at the bottom to a slide down tab at the top? That way there could be more real estate for the views making them bigger or adding 2 more views?
Thanks for listening - Paul

Thanks for the suggestion, we will plan the dark mode soon in next few releases!

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Paul! I want to make sure I understand it correct, you want to see 6 cameras at multi-camera area, correct?

3 Likes

Roger that. :slight_smile:

Yes niceā€¦I have 8 cams and would love to be able to scoll to each sets of 4 cams to view

3 Likes