Two Factor Authentication Requirement

Wow, just wow y’all realize that if you had implemented multifactor authentication when you created your account it would’ve never become an issue, right? Eventually everything done online that requires security will also require multifactor authentication. there are multiple reasons for this, one of the reasons being that often times when someone gains access to a less critical data set that helps them gain access to a more critical account, not to mention MF2A just makes everything so much simpler, for instance, I can log into my Microsoft account from anywhere in the world with just my phone or watch’s Authenticator and email address. People are really bad about using the same password and or weak password for multiple services, MF2A helps protect against the dangers of doing that. SMS is a whole other can of worms that I am not going to get into here, but please do not use SMS as your multi factor authentication system unless you just have no other choice.

1 Like

SORRY. I DID know how that post would appear. It was scary for me to post it. And no, I haven’t figured out how to send a personal message. I don’t get an option for personal.
Carverofchoice: I asked for the “personal contact” to hopefully discuss testing results I did with 256gb cards, with some interesting results for additional space. I didn’t want to fill this thread (which oddly changed to 2fa. You are very knowledgeable and full of wisdom, so you could be the perfect person to share my findings with rather than repeating information here first.

1 Like

It’s pretty straightforward as Carver answered above. Good luck.

1 Like

@Customer @carverofchoice , Yes, we enjoy reading your conversations. Fun, educational, lessens the dead space between tv shows while waiting for commercials. So, please keep up. (Not being snarky,) Honestly fun and informative.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

The larger the company is, the less likely it is to be required. Banks are an extremely bad example for anything, technical, when the world was becoming digitized, banks were dragged along as an afterthought kicking and screaming, it wasn’t pretty. Don’t look at any part of the global banking system for leadership in forward digital thinking.

Cool, I’ve always aspired to be (one half of) a poor man’s commercial skip button. Probably my greatest achievement. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, your aspirations were/are extraordinaire here on earth. When you are ready, you may ascend to your well earned rewards.

3 Likes

Most best recent insight! A steady ascent! :+1:

2 Likes

YES! That makes me the other half…my wife might not appreciate me calling someone my other half though. :man_shrugging: Soo…I guess we’re just the distraction-duo to @Sam_Bam 's boredom. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I started a message to you. You may reply to me there. Or you could respond back in this thread:

The confusion comes because someone posted in that thread about 2FA, and one of the mods moved that conversation over to here since it wasn’t related to the SD card issue…but when a split like that happens, everyone following the original thread gets added to this new thread too…so you were automatically added to follow this thread and accidentally responded in here when you meant to respond in the SD card thread. Don’t worry, I know it’s confusing. It’s just the way the forum software defaults when mods need to split and merge threads to clean up off-topic things.

Anyway, you’re welcome to respond to my personal message, or respond in that thread where WyzeDesmond is monitoring the situation, I’ll read it either way.

1 Like

My other half left me long ago. But even though it was long ago, it occurred sooner than I had anticipated. Seems she really didn’t like my fav introduction for her to new friends. I always said, “I’d like you to meet my future former”. Hmm, I thought it had just a hint of humor. Guess she took it too serious. Oh well, like I said, its fun and and informative.

1 Like

Wyze integration in IFTTT has gone offline multiple times since 2FA was implemented. Related?

Been using 2FA without any issues. Love it. Took 2 seconds to send a text, authenticate. This is for you’all protection.

1 Like

Well. That’s two of you.

1 Like

Hmm, this has gone quiet. I see there’s another thread but no particular cut off date. Maybe they’ve wyzely decided to forget this bad idea?

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea. We will be (Are seeing) more and more of portals requiring this MFA. It is for all of our protection.

1 Like

It’s also a great way to get a list of phone numbers they didn’t otherwise possess. There should be an email option.

I hate to say it, but this does reek of yet another poorly conceived rollout… :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I’m using Authy, which is much like all other authenticator apps. No phone number given to Wyze for this, but, they probably already have a lot of the phone numbers for Home Monitoring.

1 Like

Do the majority of end users actually subscribe to HMS? I don’t. Also not interested in another authenicator app.

I use very strong passwords myself, although I know that many others don’t.

Use your existing authenticator app, and regardless of the password used, 2FA is always superior