This one has me scratching my head - Playback video pauses at every 60 sec mark

Same to you all, happy holidays, glad i could help.

1 Like

So after the factory reset and some observation, here’s what I’ve found:

1. Events recorded more than 12 hours ago play back fine without getting stuck.

2. Events less than 12 hours old seems to get stuck at 00.

The period of 12 hours is a rough “guestimate” based on the events recorded. I’d be interested to hear from others who noticed this bizarre turn of behaviour. Could this be some weird timezone calculation issue? I’m in GMT+8.

1 Like

My issue was recordings less than 60 minutes old would halt at th 00-01 mark for about 10 secs then re authenticate and mostly carry on. However, this appears to have been resolved in app 2.38.2(1) and FW 4.36.10.3406 and even brand new clipsplay without hesitation at the same mark

1 Like

Ah, thanks to your reply - I think I’ve cracked it!

As per my hunch, I think it has to do with the timezone. I just reviewed today’s recordings and now see that all events older than 8 hours play back fine. The newer recordings get stuck.

What’s the significance? Well I’m in GMT+8. So the app is probably not calculating the correct timestamp when trying to fetch the next minute of footage. It’s probable the timezone was not included in the calculations.

In your case, I’m led to believe you are in the UK from your username - so GMT+0 time. It’s working now because it’s not summer time. A few months back when you had daylight savings, clock pushed forward 1 hour - hence all recordings within the hour will experience the problem. If you don’t update the app, I predict next summer you will have the same issue.

Hopefully another person will be on a different timezone so we can confirm my theory. Or maybe a mod can pass my findings up the food chain as this should be a trivial fix.

1 Like

Well I’m almost tempted to test this (I’m in New Zealand); it’s just the fact that my v2 is working fine on rather old firmware, and I’ve been reluctant to upgrade in case the issue returns, and I have to go through the process of down-grading again (especially as it seems that changing FW does seem to be risky with Wyze devices).

I have noticed my v3 that had developed the issue, now seems to be OK, both with recent recordings, and with those that are (say) over 12 hours old……

Steve

In your case, I wouldn’t try it unless you are bored :wink:

If it later develops the issue, then I’d be interested to know if my theory holds. NZ is UTC+13 so it would mean recordings within the last 13 hours would get stuck.

1 Like

Yes I am in GMT DST - Seems to me that the easiest way to test your hypothesis is to reset your system time to say GMT and synch to your cams?

1 Like

Great suggestion. I tested by setting my timezone to London, synced the camera to that time, and bingo recent recordings no longer get stuck!

Now how do we pass this information on to the developers or get the attention of a Wyze rep?

1 Like

Hi Jason,

Thanks for looking into this. I am also having this issue and just found this thread.

I only wanted to add that this doesn’t happen every hour but rather at the “start” of every single minute (e.g. records fine until 11:41:59 but then stops at 11:42:00). It’s incredible frustrating and makes viewing/recording events impossible.

Please update us here when you have a fix — many thanks!!

1 Like

What timezone are you in?

Having this issue for the last few months and I tried reporting it to Wyze support as well, but to no avail. Recording will always get stuck when at the new minute HH:MM:00. I noticed that playback without recording also gets into this problem too.

After reading the last few replies I tried playing back and recording stuff 12 hours ago, and it works. So the bug in the app should be accurate. My timezone is +8.

2 Likes

Same timezone as me. You should be able to view recordings older than 8 hours without issue.

I worked out the issue, but also haven’t found a way to get this info through to support.

1 Like

Sounds promising, @WyzeDesmond?

2 Likes

I can confirm the “Timezone theory™️” fits in with my experience. I am in Australia, and the +10 time zone.

If I watch the minute before 10 hours ago, everything works fine. If I watch 9hrs and 59m ago, it pauses every time. Then if I repeat a minute, the same minute that failed now suddenly works without issue as it’s now longer than 10hrs. Great catch.

This problem is incredibly frustrating, unusable even. Mine is now reconnecting at the turn of the minute and going back a few seconds after reconnecting. So it’s looping the same few seconds of footage and the reconnecting over and over.

DESPERATELY NEED A FIX

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming my theory.

After @Newshound pointed out my post (thank you), @WyzeDesmond reached out to me for more info and the ball is in their court.

Anyone else experiencing the problem should definitely post here and like the thread to raise its priority.

1 Like

Same here, I can confirm the Time Zone theory too, checking from Vietnam :+1: hopefully they’ll solve it soon, it’s been for a while I couldn’t watch playback normally. Thanks everyone for raising awareness.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since the last time I was here but I tested the timezone theory, changed my timezone to GMT 0 and it did fix the issue, doesn’t get stuck at 00-01 mark anymore. So I guess that proves that the bug is in the timezone setting.

Since the issue has been identified, can we expect a fix for this soon?

3 Likes

I have not heard back if they have managed to reproduce it. If they have, then it should be a trivial fix. But it will also have to go through beta testing, etc. So who knows, a couple of months?

Given a lot of Wyze customers are in the negative timezone and not affected, it is up to those who are to speak up or increase the like count of this thread. I’m currently only seeing 18 likes, even though it’s viewed some 989 times.

1 Like

Goodness you’d hope it would take two months given it can’t be a hard issue to sort and the community has apparently identified the issue repeatedly. :thinking:

Steve

1 Like

How did you change the time zone? I’ve looked through the settings and couldn’t find it, should I completely reinstall the camera?
I’m tired of waiting for a fix and looking at frozen video stream every minute trying to dodge the 1 second mark :laughing: