This one has me scratching my head - Playback video pauses at every 60 sec mark

Maybe it’s also dependent on what OS people are running. Perhaps we should gather more data from people who’ve had this issue. I’m using the Wyze app on iOS 16.1.2

I’m fairly sure I was running an earlier version iOS 16 when I had the issue. I’m running 16.1.2 now but don’t have the issue as I went back a few FM releases.

Oh Iand it might be worth saying I had it on iOS and iPadOS.

Steve

Sadly the same behaviour is still present on the latest firmware and iOS app.

Thanks for the warning. I’ll wait until the next update (and pray a bit)

Steve

Unfortunately unless more people have this problem, I think the only thing we can do is keep this thread alive in the hope they will acknowledge it’s an issue. :persevere:

1 Like

Updated to the latest v3 firmware and issue is still present, Also using the latest app for android.

More people are probably affected by this but prefer to ignore it. The +30 and -30 sec button to skip the 00 and 01 mark avoids the issue so there’s a workaround, but it’s still very annoying.

1 Like

Interesting, I think your the first person on this thread to have the problem on Android. It doesn’t look platform specific after all.

The issue does increase the time to review recordings. It also makes recording a clip impossible if the event crosses the magical 00 boundary.

1 Like

On iOS at least, that’s not entirely true as you can download entire event clips (rather than going into the Playback UI).

Steve

But isn’t that only with Cam+?

1 Like

Oh OK, yes that’s probably true.

Steve

I had the problem too but it isn’t android app related imho, It seems that when you do an firmware update on V3 something left behind of the previous update that is causing the problem. When you then update, the “thing” left behind keeps giving this issue.
I rolled back to a previous version and did a factory reset. Then I upgrade to the latest firmware and the problem is gone.
Without the factory reset, the problem stays.

1 Like

Well it’s happening for iOS users too, so it’s really not likely to be a problem with client devices, just the cams (and specifically, the FW).

The factory reset experience you note is interesting. I’m pretty sure I did that on a v2 and yet the problem persisted on the later FW releases anyway. I’d be interested if other found that this worked.

Steve

I have the V3 model (6 pieces) all reacting the same way.

1 Like

This sounds like it either is or is related to a known issue we are looking into that is related to firmware where the microSD card recording skips the first second of every hour (except midnight for some reason). We are still looking into it and hope to have it fixed in upcoming firmware releases.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. By your theory a factory reset directly on the latest firmware should also fix it to?

From what we are seeing here, maybe it’s skipping the first second of every minute! That would explain why we can’t play continuously past the 00 mark.

Just try it if the camera is on a handy position, but it worked for me, it has nothing to do with the SD card itself, I changed them several times and I use high endurance SD cards especially made for use in a camera because the continuous overwriting of the recording can damage a normal SD card.

1 Like

I’m glad that this already got your team’s attention, Hopefully the issue that they are looking into will fix this soon. And yeah, like what the other comment said it happens every minute, not just every hour!

1 Like

I will make sure this gets added to see if this is the same issue or a different one they need to look into.

3 Likes

Thanks, I tried the factory reset but it produced strange results!

All old recordings on the card played back fine across the 00 boundary, but the problem still existed for new recordings. Didn’t expect that. I’m really confused now!

I’ve reformatted the micro SD card and I’ll keep an eye out on it.

Merry Christmas to all :christmas_tree: