SmartThings Integration

Unfortunately, Wyze (in it’s very short sighted view) decided not to support SmartThings (or HomeKit) and they are pushing towards Matter (https://buildwithmatter.com/). I have no problem with supporting Matter, but they let us down big time for years, and now we are predicating success on supporting Matter.

They should have provided ST support years ago, so migration to Matter would be easier. I suspect many devices will not be sophisticated enough to support Matter. So if you’ve invested heavily in Wyze, which some of us have, it’s really annoying. I’m in the middle of deciding whether to switch everything out, or just live with the problem.

I’ve decided the Wyze Security package is worthless imho, and I’m not impressed with Simplisafe. I am currently looking at Ring (better App, better cameras, and better config), and Nest - I use the latter for my Doorbell camera and my Smoke/CO2 detection. While Ring and Nest are not inexpensive, they do a better job of focusing on user needs and improving what I’ve already invested in (like adding a Vivent like warning when someone comes in range). Why hasn’t Wyze done this? They are probably too busy coming up with a WiFi Dog watering bowl, or Smart Shoes. Whomever is in charge of R&D needs to be taken out and given a hard talk. Stop with the multitude of devices, do the ones the “users” want, and then make them perfect. Do they not have Marketing input?

Les

1 Like

I’ve finally dumped smart things and went all wyze excepting a wifi thermo for a millivolt system and 2 pairs of two pole wifi switches since wyze switch won’t do two pole. Way better. Wyze ftw

That’s unfortunate. Wyze is not a “smart home” system or smart home products. Once you evolve and want a smart home, want smart home functionality, features, etc, you’ll be out of luck and your Wyze products will be trash. Investing in Wyze products at this point is a complete waste of money IMO. You’re stuck with them for better or worse, and from what we’ve seen, its a slow, depressing road. Unless of course you’re really interested in that WiFi Cat Feeder™.

2 Likes

My needs are met and I’m enjoying the simplicity. Fiddling with ST and web core whatever was fun when it was fun. Hope you get your integration.

Completely agree. Having to use IFTT is a pain and adds unesc. Complexity. Ring does it, no reason why Wyze can’t.

No ST integration is planned, they are moving to the new platform - whenever that becomes a reality. They will not admit it, but lack of support for ST and HK hurts them. Better to keep pumping out products than provide decent support and integration. I like IFTT, but for more complex scenarios - plus I pay for it :frowning:

1 Like

ST integration would allow for better rules. The rules are VERY limited within the app and minimal if IFTTT. Example - Package arrives, flash a light. NOPE cant even do that. Can only change it to another color permanently.

1 Like

At this point I’m so frustrated with Samsung’s 2FA I’m considering ditching for something else. I can’t even open the app without having to 2FA verify login every single time. EVERY TIME. Literally open app, 2FA Login. Close app (Not shutdown app) open sleeping app 2FA Login 30 seconds later. I can’t do anything without having to repeat 2FA login for every device every time.

Turn lights on - 2FA - Turn Lights off - 2FA.

Samsung has been complete useless about it and each department just directs me to someone else. Also once you go to 2FA you CAN NOT go back. It’s not even an option any longer.

any progress on smartthings integration?

A few replies above you Wyze said Smartthings integration is not happening. Instead they will be putting their efforts into Matter and using that to achieve integration with Smartthings.

It’s a stupid move on their part, but then again most of the leadership decisions at Wyze aren’t very smart (eg choosing to develop new products over requested features; trying to build a closed ecosystem rather than aligning to an open one, the whole thing with the v1 of those sensors which would cause them to brick if the battery got to low and just sweeping that under the rug…. Etc). Look how long it took them to get a Canadian store up and that is generating revenue!

Unless you could somehow describe Smartthings integration as a new product that no one wants, Wyze won’t touch it.

/rant

3 Likes

The reason Is that I would like to disable the chime/aleart when I exit the front of my house. I would trigger off my smart lock or garage door opener state changes. I just don’t need the events of me leaving… Would want to pause for a time say 2 minutes

Well, I just started migrating to a Hubitat Elevation system. Guess my interest in this has shifted.

1 Like

Please yes, any integration would be great.

1 Like

Big SmartThings user. Not because it’s the best, but just because it is what I built my home around and also use Samsung devices and appliances. I love Wyze too, but the main thing that keeps me from going all in with their devices is lack of integration with other systems like SmartThings. Sadly, their motion sensors are slow responding too and so not ideal. I appreciate the price point and I love their AI features on the cameras. I do use all their cameras, love them, and will continue to use them, but I won’t be buying any other Wyze products that do not integrate with SmartThings. If they were to integrate, this would be a huge incentive to use more of their smart devices. Matter is a positive, but going to be awhile before it becomes useful. Wish they would do something now to help those of us who already use other well-established products.

5 Likes

I agree completely.
I am selling off all of my Wyze bulbs many of my cameras. I’m keeping they’re earbuds and overhead earphones scale vacuum and robotic vacuum. Their appliances are great. However the inability of their lighting products and even video to integrate with smart things is a real hassle and limitation.
I really enjoy the wise interfaces they’re really nicely designed but they really have to integration with other products.

4 Likes

I really, really tried to get them to integrate with SmartThings, but they didn’t want to and then used the excuse of investing their effort in Matter. Huge mistake as far as I’m concerned. I like Wyze products, but I’m forced to buy the important stuff that integrates - like Ring, and Z-Wave switches, etc. Also, the resources issues is a red herring - they keep coming out with stuff no one asked for, so why not pause and integrate with ST/HK? I appreciate they are a small company trying to make a living, but pissing off a large proportion of your customers is not a good idea. I also expect a lot of existing devices will not support Matter - sot there’s another fiasco waiting to happen.

7 Likes

We have moved this to probably-not as we will be focusing on Matter

6 Likes

Well, how ironic. “probably-not” is the exact same answer I will now give when family and friends ask me if they should buy a Wyze branded product. Also the same answer when asked if I’ll be keeping any of my Wyze products past the end of the month. Surely, a coincidentally timed post of yours. :unamused:

3 Likes

Move it to “not-ever”. You had plenty of time to do this years ago. Like improving your App and making devices work efficiently. But you feel it is a better business model to keep creating and selling new, shiny, toys. And so the App, Web View, and the current devices languish.

• How about you come clean and publish a road map up until 2025? At least shut down those requests you have no intention of ever doing? We want to like Wyze, but you make it very difficult.
  • Can we see a real, prioritized, requirements list and vote on it?
  • Will Web View ever work and proceed to an actual Beta?
  • Will the next product be a Wyze Drone? (Not a bad idea actually)
  • Will real employees start responding on the forum, or are dubious Maven updates all we can expect?
  • Will someone in Wyze Management get to see this post?
  • Since you are “focused” on Matter, can you please provide a timeline and some expectations?

Have a wonderful day,
Les

5 Likes

I just hope you guys actually go full in on matter, this news is still kinda disappointing

2 Likes