Sensor hub volume has decreased considerably after latest update

Oh man total bummer! The upgrade was optional right?

Nope! As part off the install process, I landed on a screen that said something like, "You need to upgrade to the latest version of “ABC123” in order to proceed. Perhaps, I could have could have gone around it, I did not see the option. I just did what the screen asked. I played around a bit more in test mode - I cannot hear the countdown timer at all form my back door upon setting the alarm off while entering. Update needed or I am jumping ship!

1 Like

I understand that Wyze dev team has a lot of different things they’re working on, but it seems like something as important as Home safety (security system) and numerous people having the same issue should have a higher priority for review. Multiple users have taken the troubleshooting steps, all the way to replacing the unit, all of which clearly demonstrate that the issue is related to the firmware update.

With so many people putting their trust in Wyze for the safety of their home security, and Wyze competing in this sector with bigger names (like ADT for reputation, and SimpliSafe for value), this topic really needs to have some attention given by the Wyze staff themselves. Many more potential customers can see the current issues being experienced by current customers. At least drop in and let everyone know you’re aware of the issue and are looking into it. That alone tells your current customers that you’re listening and are concerned, and it shows potential customers that you’ll support them.

Secondary thought: While I love all the different products Wyze has been coming out with, it’s important to remember the value of quality over quantity. It would be better to have a dozen rock-solid products with continuous updates and improvements, than two dozen products with limited support. Most of my experience with Wyze has shown they really do support their customers, but it seems like you’re wearing your people thin providing support on so many different products.

2 Likes

Firmware that introduced the bug happened about 3 Weeks ago, I would have hope the company would be working overtime on this one as it is a real critical bug they introduced. In something so important as home Monitoring system.

Patience is running thin while we wait and while we get all the promo emails about various other products they’re releasing and working on.

Can we get any kind of update or ETA from tech support on this?

1 Like

For those following this thread, there is now a Beta firmware update released to fix this issue:

I just did my hub update and as I just posted on the bets thread, it did NOT fix my low volume. I’m going to submit another log with this new firmware revision. Problem still looms

3 Likes

Agreed on volume issue, but on another note, now that my leak sensors have FINALLY shown (account still says ready to ship) - does anyone else think it is incredibly insipid the sensors cannot trigger a siren on the hub???

I also did the beta, tester and app updates earlier today. Did NOT fix the issue. This is ludicrous! In fact, I just tried to change the volume in app and when I exit and enter back into the volume settings, it is stuck on the loud setting but is still very quite. I tried exiting out of the app and logging back in while simultaneously resetting my Wise Sense Hub. All to NO avail.

1 Like

Mine seems to have gone from low volume to mid-volume now, but it is still not back to the high volume for me either.

Also, for those who didn’t notice any difference at all, try setting it lower (the back out and go back in and verify it went lower first) then set it back up to high (and back out and go back in to verify it stuck the setting at high) and see if that helps at all. There are reports that there is a setting change bug in the new firmware where it is not always sticking to the new setting when changed. It took me 5-10 attempts to get the volume setting to stay at high. And as I said, it was slightly louder, but it was not back to the loudness it used to be, so hopefully they try again since it’s still not back to normal high volume yet for some of us.

1 Like

Everyone should please submit a new support log with this new 4.32.6.142 version that regretfully didn’t fix the low volume.

Let’s just hope it doesn’t take weeks again to see another version pushed out.

Edit: I’m also in touch now with @Wizecam on social media, I advise people to reach out. This attention needs developers engineers and magement all on the same page to immediately fix the MAJOR bug that they erroneously introduced. I literally CANNOT hear The audible siren alarm unless i am in the same Room as the speaker hub.

What do we need to do to get the beta firmware?

@Viper

In the Wyze - Make Your Home Smarter App

Select the Account Tab at the Bottom Right>About>Beta Program>Select the Device/s to be Part of Beta>Save Selected Device/s.

Update the Wyze App and all device firmware once enrolled into the Beta Program.

1 Like

(with the beta update) It seems like the loud setting is what the medium used to be.

Yes, that was my same conclusion as well. It is an improvement over the min “whisper mode” that it was stuck at before, but it still hasn’t fixed the “High” setting back to how it was and should be.

1 Like

Great, I thought the beta update fixed my motion sensors but they are all off line again. Wonderful Mercury Retrograde! I’m going through some major B.S. with my neighbors right now and I’m having to involve the law enforcement. I CAN’T UNDERSTATE HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR WYZE TO RELEASE A FIX. My safety and the safety of other’s are in dire jeopardy! My neighbor’s boyfriend started peeking through my windows on top of many other misdeeds. I need Wyze to wizen up quickly or someone is liable to get hurt on their watch. Sheer negligence. Wtf is up with the volume fix? Where is the motion sensor fix? Where is the option to Link Wyze v3 Cameras Sirens to the Wyze Sense Hub? Why am I utilizing a new series of products on a platform that doesn’t seem to sync effectively or efficiently. And, why am I supporting a team that seems to have forgotten the most important part of business… It’s supporting; adopting; paying; customers?

Maybe we hit them where it hurts. Sells. And, maybe we might get some attention then. It’s not like we’ve seen support or a moderator in this thread. I don’t even believe they have the staff to comb through these forums. So, I suggest everyone go to wherever they may have purchased any of their products and hand out poor reviews until we can get some movement over there at that laxidasical environment Wyze engineers are calling a job.

I believe Wyze can do it and just so everyone knows I’m serious, I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is. This will add some pressure to Wyze to change their ways or change their occupations. I am willing to send $1 to each person that can prove they have left a poor review somewhere reputable, for any and all Wyze products, online at a big box store and if you want to get creative; elsewhere like Facebook; Instagram; Snapchat; eect; ect. I’ll send you a $1 via PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, or Bitcoin for each different platform A poor review has been verified as yours, Each person able to earn a maximum of $5.00 USD, $1.00 USD for each different review on each different platform. Please, no copy paste! Be creative and find ways to say the same thing differently on each platform. I am offering a maximum of $100.00 to the prize pool for anyone willing to participate! People’s lives are at risk, Wyzen up or close it down Wyze! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Same. After update, it is definitely louder, but not nearly loud enough (the original volume on high). I set off my alarm in test mode and it cannot be heard at all from just outside the door (2 feet from hub). Getting there, but not there yet!

@Legionwear You are correct that this forum is not regularly monitored by Wyze staff. It is primarily a user-to-user forum. The Mods and Mavens here are not Wyze employees. They are fellow Wyze users who volunteer to help run the forum. The only official channel for communication with Wyze on product issues and problems is https://support.wyzecam.com/.

@Others, before you attempt to get paid to post a bad review, consider this:

2 Likes

@Legionwear You can try contacting them on their social @Wizecam and share with them your log number ticket to the new firmware that didn’t fix the issue.

Wyze has been responding to me through Twitter, they asked for the log number so it can be forwarded accordingly so maybe something is hopefully getting done.

Everyone please create and submit your new log from this new firmware version if you haven’t done so already.