Sdcard not recognized thru events

Log file sent 1365038
Sdcard recognized by camera but not with the events.

1 Like

What size SD Card are you attempting to use on the Cam V3?

Have you tried removing it from the camera and formatting it as Fat32 on a PC or Mac?

I tried 4 different sdcard that was already working in other wyze cameras. I tried everything, reset, remove cam, change 4 times sdcard. I have 2 other exact same model and works fine. The cam is bugged… and yes it’s Cam V3

The sdcard are all recognized by the cam but can only be read directly from the view playback, not through the events.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? That the “Playback” button is greyed out? If so, this is a reported bug and only some V3s are affected.

@agawize did you get this?

3 Likes

I also have the exact same problem. It will be interesting to see how to fix it.

2 Likes

Yes I did, same error message, but when I go to the live screen and press the bottom button “View Plaback” it works. The sdcard is recognized by the Cam V3, but not when I go to the event itself, it doesn’t see the sdcard. My playback button is not gray out but when I press it the error message pops

1 Like

As I said in the link I posted above it happens on my newest V3 cam all the other V3 cams work just fine. The newest V3 will playback the SD just fine from live view but will not from the events page. Your log is in the pile with the rest off ours. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You are right, thanks for the link.

I have the exact same problem, playback works from the Camera screen but not from the Events screen. Looks like they disabled the link from the Events screen to bring up the selected Event from the SDCard? It sounds like we are in a wait and see mode, very disappointing.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue. Wyze support was no help.

1 Like

Same issue new cam v3. Any updates to resolve?

1 Like

I recently bought a new V3 and had the same exact issue, i tried everything that support said and it still didn’t work. They sent me a new camera, yet that didn’t fit anything. So now i have 2 new cameras that i cant see the the SD card video from the events

1 Like

Can anyone confirm Wyze support is working this issue? Those with a support ticket/case, are they holding them open or closing without resolution?

1 Like

My case was closed without a resolution. Not enough complaints?

I have not seen any indication the Wyze team is working this issue. I suspect this functionality was deleted to increase the demand for other services, only my opinion.

1 Like

I am concerned Wyze will add such ‘marketing features’…but for this issue, I have another v3 Cam (1 year old) with same firmware version that allows SD playback from the event screen.

I am having the same issue with a new cam v3. Firmware fully updated. Cant playback video from events screen but can playback no problem from live view.

1 Like

I have same problem, I suspect Cam Plus would solve the problem but if my suspicious are correct probably time to look for a new camera supplier.

Nope ! All of my cameras have Cam Plus unlimited and only one of the 5 V3 cams (the newest) has the issue of no playback from the events page.