Problem: Record from SD card not saving to Album

Trying to download a portion of video from a continuous recording on an SD card in a V2 cam.

The video counter starts on pressing record, stops on pressing it again but no pop up saying it was saved to Album and nothing in Album. Used to work previously.

The ‘Take Photo’ button does work and save the snapshot to the Album

Anyone have any idea why the video isn’t saving?

2 Likes

Had a similar problem with a batch of V3’s but it was reported fixed.

Something I have noticed about this… when I save a recording to the album with my iPad it is not in the album if I try to view it from my iPhone and vice versa.

1 Like

Um, why would it be? The album is local to the device…

I suppose if you have iCloud synching turned on then it should be on both though.

1 Like

Are you looking at the camera album? Or the album on you individual device? Manually saving from the app saves to your device. If you are in the iPad and save a clip, it should be on your iPad,. If you use an iPhone and save a clip, it’ll be on your iphone. Unless you sync your devices somehow.

Edit, jinx! Didn’t notice that @customer was typing the same thing at the same time.

1 Like

Wanted to add … if I record video from the live stream, it does save to the Album, the problem is only when trying to record in playback mode

Hi I just started having the same issue on my Pan Zoom cam. It don’t record in playback to album, doesn’t pop up messages saying save. But if I save picture from playback it shows message and save to album.

In live view it works.

Everything works before app update.

I’m on Samsung android
Pan cam firmware 4.29.4.41

Anyone started have save issue on Pan cam.

1 Like

I have the same exact issue on my Samsung note 10+

Does the support even know or care about this?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue on Android app v 2.22.21

1 Like

Having same issues as everyone else playback not saving to album but live view will save to album. Wyze Pan with both S7 edge and note 10, Wyze firmware and app are both up to date

Something needs to be done…

As of 8/1 still having this issue, even updated to the Wyze beta app, furthermore 8 cameras affected 4 Pans and 5 V3s current very annoying workaround is I’m using a screen recorder…

Just updated to the latest Android app that was just released and still not fixed. Anyone got theirs to record playback to the gallery?

1 Like

My A20 w/2.22.12 Beta and Tab A w/ 2.23.16 record from playback on the pan just fine.

Again, two steps forward, one step back.

That’s one of the critical things I check w/ the V2’s and V3’s after every upgrade, but I’ve only 3 Pans. Need to add to the checklist :frowning:

Mine still not working and it’s been 8 months. Anyone else still having issues or got a fix?

Same issue as 3mm, with 2 x v2 cams, whether using android 7 or android 12. I know it worked before.

This problem is happening for me.

Phone: Google Pixel 6
Wyze Cams: Various
Wyze Firmware: RTSP

Record does not save to the Album (like photos do) or the Video storage on the Android phone

@Omgitstony apologies for tagging you but I have exhausted everything I can including trying the Beta to see if that fixes it

Well, I just bought a new camera, and it wasn’t a Wyze.

Because of the customer service issue on this thread, I chose another Eufy instead of another Wyze.

Vote with your wallet.

Same problem here on a galaxy S20+ and its 7/24/22. WyzeCam v2 firmware 4.28.4.41. Very annoying.

I have had really good luck with the Wyze cameras, V2 and V3 but this past week the videos I download to my IPhone in my photos all I see are pictures, no video at all will play. I restarted cameras, formatted the SD cards that were in there, did a Sync and nothing. I then inserted brand new SD cards I bought from Wyze, deleted the camera and re-added the device on 3 of my cameras to no avail. Nothing!!! So frustrated and mad!!! Why do I have cameras?? to record the mischief neighbors, but no can’t do that anymore. So sad.

Welcome to the forums! If you are seeing the event thumbnails in the event tab of the app, those are your cloud saved events. Cloud events are different than your SD card recorded footage. Cloud and the local SD card are two separate functions of each other.

Do you have any cloud services on the cameras? Like cam plus or cam plus lite? If you’re looking for your SD card recorded footage, look for the playback function in the live view of those specific cameras.

Thank you for responding so quickly! Today I went through all my menus on the Wyze app again. I found that in the “events” menu I need to hit the “camera” button on the top menu when I want to save the videos. That does work but I have to do that every time I open my events and want to save the videos in which I never had to do that before. I have had 4 Wyze cameras since 2019 and this is the first time I had problems with saving the videos. And I previously did try all the tips and tricks you gave me already several times. The event menu with the camera button works.