Playback skipping

When watching video in playback mode, the recording skips parts and video is missing. I’ve checked videos on 2 different cameras and it happens on both. The time on bottom right jump about a minute sometimes and misses sections I wanted to see. I re-reformatted cards and reset everything.

1 Like

Hello @Bigtree, do you have the same microSD Card inside both of the cameras, if so what brand and class/speed are they? I also recommend that you go into the camera device settings > advance settings > then hit “sync” at the bottom of the page.

They are the same cards I bought them from you. I’ll try syncing them.

Thank you,

Brian

Okay great, let me know how it goes.

Do you have local recording set to Continuous or Event Only? In Event Only, any one minute segment (mm:00 to mm:59) that does not have motion detected will not be saved.

1 Like

Its continuous

Is this happening at the hh:mm:00-hh:mm:07 sections of the Playback? IOW, is it at the start of each minute? In the first seven or so seconds?

It does happen at the top of the minute

I think this is a known issue, although we don’t have a public facing known bug list. Maybe @UserCustomerGwen can confirm this one is on the list? It happens on my playback videos also.

1 Like

We’ve definitely run into this before though I thought that this had been resolved a while back.

@OverWatch and @Bigtree, could you please tell me your firmware and app versions? Have either of you sent in logs for this?

1 Like

Version is v2.0.26

And firmware states it’s up to date.

I have not sent logs. I’m not sure how if requested.

Thank you

You’re welcome! I sent in a bug report for you with a link to this conversation. :slight_smile:

iOS 12.1.4, App v 2.0.21, firmware v.4.9.3.64 on WyzeCam2 (5cams).

1 Like

Thanks, OverWatch!

1 Like

I can also confirm this is happening. Furthermore, when the files are retrieved from the card, there seems to be an anomaly at the end of the minute. This may be causing the issue. I have submitted this bug report directly.

2 Likes

I have the same issues too.

It seems to be some video frames got dropped in the video. That caused video was played faster than audio. I am checking with our devs and asked why? Thanks!

3 Likes

This issue is still happening a year and a half later. There was a part I needed to see…gone. In fact, an entire minute is gone. I assume this happens when it writes from file to file, a period of time is missed (possibly when there is a lot of motion and the file is bigger?) This is a super serious issue for me. I have 6 Wyze cams (v2), and what good are they if they don’t record the exact thing I needed to see. @UserCustomerGwen is there a new fix for this or way to prevent this from happening?

2 Likes

I too had this same issue recently. It was very laggy playback and the recording is missing in a certain section of the timeline.
I am using a SanDisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC UHS-I - 98MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card

1 Like

Could you please send in a log that includes the timeframe that is missing from your microSD card next time? It seems to have improved but I’d love to have that data to send to the devs. We apologize for the trouble.

1 Like