Playback button greyed out

Here is my log number from above. It a regular V3 camera. I had to update firmware about 4 times to get finally get to 4.36.11.8391.

Log ID number is. 1346616

3 Likes

I am experiencing this same issue. Just bought a Wyze Pan Cam v3 and right from the get go, the playback button is greyed out. Yes I have an SD card in the camera. And I can playback the feeds in my SD card. Just can’t get to them in the playback button. I know it’s an alternative but it isn’t a convenient option. I just ordered another camera so we will see if I get the same issue.

Here is my Log ID number: 1350789

2 Likes

After my second cam developed this same issue and finding out this has been an ongoing issue for months i pulled the plug on my wyze cams and went with Tapo and I am glad I did.

1 Like

microSD playback button is grayed out on Event Viewer for Wyze Cam v3

Log ID: 1351228

4 Likes

I have submitted diagnostic log # 1349535 on March 15, 2024 at 10:12 EST.

Support ticket number is 3735017.

Wyze support just sent me a generic troubleshooting email that did not fix anything.

Here are my responses for reference:

I tried all of your troubleshooting steps and none of them worked (see results below):

1. App version is latest 2.49.4.402 (February 14, 2024)
  2. Firmware version is latest 4.36.11.8391
  3. SD card is inserted correctly
  4. SD Card is detected by camera and can be formatted (I can see SD Card video playback in the camera playback view, so the SD Card is recording video properly)
  5. SD Card works fine in all other cameras / 3 different known good SD cards were tried.
  6. I factory reset 2 different cameras twice and issues still persists
3 Likes

There are also multiple having the same problem in this post:

3 Likes

I wonder why this issue is on many cameras and not all. Curious. My friend sent his defective cam back and got two new cams that work fine. It’s just odd that supposedly it is a known issue but it is not affecting all cams. I am sure I have the same updates you have and I have no issue. It is a puzzle.

1 Like

Same problem.
V3 bought from Costco, setup in 2024.
Log ID: 1352952

2 Likes

This thread explains my problem exactly! New Wyze Cam v3 purchased from Amazon installed yesterday. The video data is on the SD card but I can’t view it from the events page because the playback button is greyed out on both iPhone and iPad apps. I just submitted a log. My other two cameras, which are the same model but were purchased and installed last year, are working fine.

** Log ID 1366178**

2 Likes

UPDATE: The greyed out playback button now works for me since last week!

1 Like

How did you fix it?

1 Like

Must have been an update. Just showed up functioning one day.

1 Like

Is your camera with the Playback button that began working a PAN v3? If so looks like there was new Pan v3 firmware released on 4/1/2024. Hopefully, a future regular v3 firmware will fix the Playback button issue on v3 cameras.

1 Like

Is there any update on this issue? Mine is still not working. I keep checking for an app update or a firmware update…. I now have app version 2.50.1 (1) and firmware version 4.36.11.8391 Is anyone else still waiting? (Log ID 1366178)

1 Like

I am still having this issue on one v3 camera too. Did you include the following info in your Log”

date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening

If not maybe submit another log with the above info and post the log number here with WyzeJasonJ tagged.

2 Likes

This has been happening to select cams for over 2 years. I have no issues but my friend encountered this issue. Luckily he returned it for a replacement.

1 Like

In case posting a fresh log and report of the problem helps accelerate the promised resolution.

I’m still seeing a greyed-out play button when I try to see events. The video is on the SD card. For example, from the home page, when I tap on the problem camera and then “view playback,” the video is there. As others have reported, if I turn my device in landscape when trying to view an event, I get an error message saying “MicroSD Card Not Found,” which doesn’t make any sense because it is recording to the card just fine.

I have been regularly checking for updates since it was reported a few weeks ago that the problem had been found and a fix would be in the next update. I am currently on app version 2.50.1 (1) and firmware version 4.36.11.8391

As someone recently reported that deleting the app and data and reinstalling it fixed the problem, I tried. It didn’t.

This has been a persistent issue since I’ve installed the camera. The most recent time I noticed this issue is today, 2024-04-19 at 3:22 PM CDT.

@WyzeJasonJ
Log ID: 1390881

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that, but I also saw that the solution was imminent so I hung on to mine. :frowning: Two years does seem like a long time to not fix it.

2 Likes

“Imminent” and “soon” are often misused, unfortunately.

I just bought 4 v3 cams April/2024. Updated the firmware to the latest and microSD playback button is greyed out on Event Viewer for all new Wyze Cam v3. My older Wyze cams v2 and v3 and new v4 work fine. If this not fixed gonna have to return them.

1 Like