Pc cam viewer software

Does anybody know of any pc cam viewer software that works with this cam?

1 Like

there are a multitude of emulators people have used. enough that I cant succinctly describe them all. they all have their own pros and cons. your best bet is to set aside a day for reading and just search something to the effect of “view on pc/ computer” in the search link at the top right of the page and prepare your eyes for a long day :nerd_face:

there are so many variables, checking out all the search results might help you find what fits your needs best.

to get you started, this has a couple listed.

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. The cam works great on my android phone but it’s always been my desire to view on a pc, bigger screen and all. After fiddling around with this thing and different security cam viewing programs, cruising this forum and others- FOR HOURS -I learned something about emulators and RTSP. You, and some other techies, have confirmed my suspicions. This cam is great for the price and for what it can do but I need an RTSP capable cam for a less painful setup with a pc.:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

If you can set up a new WYZE camera, you can flash the RTSP firmware. There’s only one additional step; downloading the firmware to an SD card.

But you need software on the PC that can stream an RTSP stream, for example Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

Thank you for the link to the viewer software. Can you possibly provide a link to the web site describing the procedure on how to “flash the RTSP firmware”. I appreciate your time. Thanks.

RTSP Guide

Here is the link :slightly_smiling_face:

In case you end up using VLC, here’s how you view your WYZE RTSP stream:

Media->Open Network Stream

then enter the link that the WYZE app displays when the RTSP firmware flash procedure is completed.

VLC doesn’t have the most user-friendly interface. Maybe someone else can give suggestions.

I created my own quick and dirty Windows RTSP stream viewer.

YouTube Wyze cam tutorials for RTSP & VLC:

4 Likes

Also, when you download a WYZE cam firmware, don’t forget to rename it to “demo.bin”. The instructions aren’t consistent about this. Sometimes the file is already named that way, sometimes not.

2 Likes

Also, if the instructions tell you to unzip a “.bin” file, ignore it. Only unzip a “.zip” file.

Causes problems on the Mac, because the Mac assumes you want to zip it if it is unzipped. Then when you rename it “.bin” the update fails.

1 Like

Thanks to you all for the helpful suggestions.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This is fantastic !!! The answer !!!
The WYZE needs a firmware upgrade to activate RTSP.
The PC needs VLC software.
Only trouble for me is that my cameras are installed high above on the exterior of my building so I can no longer easily access them to copy the firmware onto the SD card. The WYZE APP on my iPhone allows firmware upgrades. Any way to get WYZE to add this RTSP to their standard firmware ?

Hello @charpca Welcome to the community. You can find the answer to your question right here: :slightly_smiling_face:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031187371-Wyze-Cam-RTSP

Not enough firmware room in the current hardware.

Yes, well said. Due to hardware limitation, RTSP could only be achieved as a separate firmware version for both Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan.

What features were removed to fit the RTSp firmware in the EPROM?

No features were actually removed to make the RTSP firmware but features that were being worked on and new stuff couldn’t be added.

2 Likes

Yes, the space problem is there isn’t space for new features introduced since then, like people detection.

1 Like