Wyze Cam on computers

I have been very interested in monitoring my cameras (five of them) on my computers. So far the only way I have been able to do that is with a cell phone emulator.

Unfortunately for me, my company does not allow the emulator on my work computer. I travel quite a bit. It would be nice to view cameras on a larger screen - ie laptop.

Let us know if something like this is in the works or maybe already there. I possibly haven’t seen anything.

Regards,
Kevin H

2 Likes

RTSP in the future would integrate with a multitude of things. To vote, please go to this topic.

5 Likes

Thanks for the glimmer of hope. It can’t come too soon.

2 Likes

It will come, just be patient. :slight_smile:

Look what they have accomplished so far.

I use TinyCam Pro running on an nVidia Shield but will run on an old cell phone or tablet. It is more stable on the Shield, for me.
TinyCam will pick up the Wyze cam feed and broadcast it to the Internet.
You can view your cameras using a regular browser. You can’t interact with the cameras, just view.

There’s lots of info on setting this up.

Here’s where you can add your vote for browser support:

Just wondering if there has been an update? I was able to viewon my laptop through BlueStacks for awhile, but now I am having issues with it.

1 Like

The only information I have would be learned by following the #roadmap topic above.

You can view your cams on a PC today using RTSP firmware and VLC:

1 Like

Anything new? I just bought a new Wyze camera without realizing it was ONLY an app camera. I really, really need it on my computer, so I am trying to decide if I should just go ahead and return it and get a real IP camera.

My understanding is this only works inside your own wifi network. So I wouldn’t be able to view my cameras through a web browser from work. Did I misunderstand what I’ve read or is this correct?

You would need to port forward, or use a service that can host RSTP streams to get it outside your network, as Wyze does not host these streams for worldwide access like it does for the app.

I saw you have TinyCam running. How did you get it to pick up the cameras? It picks up my other cams but not the Wyze.

1 Like

There is a good thread with a link to instructions here: How to setup TinyCam with Wyze Cam - View in browser / TV

Here is his writeup: TinyCam with Wyze - 2020 - Google Docs

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

1 Like