Pan v3 error 90

Pan v3 i am having error code 90 every 24hr. Error 90 i cant access live feed nor it records anything until i unplug n plug back in. I reset still same issue. Updated to the latest software yesterday still not fixed. Planning to return it. I dont want to miss the return window.

2 Likes

I am sorry this is happening. I have sent this info up to the team to see what we can do.

Sorry about that. This is a known issue that we are working on it. We actually are planning to release a new firmware very soon in our beta program which will improve the wifi connectivity. Do you mind to join our Pan v3 Beta program so that you can have an early access to this new firmware as soon as it has been released?

To join the Pan v3 beta program, in the Wyze app, click Account > About > Beta Program > Edit > Select the Wyze Cam Pan v3 from the list.

Please give us a bit of time, we are on it. Thanks!

1 Like

Meanwhile, may you please help get us a MicroSD card log for this? We’d like to record and conduct a further investigation on the issue that you have encountered to ensure it can be addressed properly. For sure it would be totally ok if it is not convenient to do so in your case. Please let me know. We greatly appreciate your patience and support as always!

1 Like

Make sure you join the beta program before doing this (if you haven’t already)

I’m running into this issue as well. Though it seems to happen after about 30 minutes.

Add me to the list. Every other camera works but I upgraded this pan 3 as it’s my most important camera and it’s constant error 90.

1 Like

This is the second wise cam 3 that gives me an error code 90. It is frustrating when I have to go reset the camera about everyday. I have even attempted to put a mesh wifi access point right behind the camera and it still gives error code 90 randomly.

2 Likes

Yes, I am seeing this issue also, happens every day. I need to unplug as I can not power cycle from the App. A bit frustrating and inconvenient. I submitted the logs to Wyze via the app.

1 Like

Has happened to each of my 3 cameras at seeming random times. Power cycle restores connection but that’s not a solution when away from home. Does not record to SD during this time either (which is unacceptable). One camera eventually reconnected after a few hours. IMO the camera should be able to detect this and perform a soft reboot on its own. Note that currently there is no CAM+ service so uploads ought not be an issue.

My failsafe is to connect power to a non-Wyze smart plug so I can cycle power remotely.

1 Like

That what i did, connected it to a smart plug but even though its a solution for the time being what about it doesnt record anything until power cycle? Didnt wyze test it before release? Its a common problem.

1 Like

I also plug in the camera and WiFi extender to a Wyze plug. When the camera isn’t working I cycle the plug. It works to fix it about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I have to physically climb to rest the camera manually. Means going through the setup process on ladder. Contemplating on taking this pan v3 offline and replacing with either an older Wyze cam or another brand entirely. This pan v3 is the worst product I’ve gotten from Wyze. Very disappointing.

1 Like

Same here….
Please fix this issue asap….

May you please join our beta program and update to the new firmware to 4.50.2.3762 or 4.50.2.3868? Please let me know if the error 90 still exists in your case. Many thanks!

May you please join our beta program and update to the new firmware to 4.50.2.3762 or 4.50.2.3868? Please let me know if the error 90 still exists in your case. Thank you!

I truly feel sorry about that you have to go through this setup process repeatedly to fix this issue. Could you please join our beta program and update to the newest firmware of 4.50.2.3762 or 4.50.2.3868? And please let me know if the error 90 still exists in your case. I will try my best to follow up with you in your case until the issue get fixed. Again so sorry about the inconvenience and we are on it.

To join the Pan v3 beta program, in the Wyze app, click Account > About > Beta Program > Edit > Select the Wyze Cam Pan v3 from the list.

Once you joined you will be able to see the firmware update pop-up window :slight_smile:

Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please join our beta program and update to the newest firmware to 4.50.2.3762 or 4.50.2.3868? Please let me know if error 90 still exists in your case. Thank you!

We have improved this issue through a new firmware. Would you mind to join our beta program and update to the newest firmware to 4.50.2.3762 or 4.50.2.3868? Please let me know if the error 90 still exists in your case. Thank you!

Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please join our beta program and update to the newest firmware to 4.50.2.3762 or 4.50.2.3868? Please let me know if error 90 still exists in your case. Thank you!

Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for keeping trying power cycle to make it work. Appreciate your patience! Now we have released a new firmware to fix it. Can you please join our beta program and update the firmware to 4.50.2.3762 or 4.50.2.3868? Please let me know if error 90 still exists in your case. Thank you!

One more note, even though the device goes offline, the SD card should be able to keep recording. Once you reconnect, you will be able to view the SD card recording through the app. Otherwise, you will have to take out the SD card and view the historical recording through a card reader in your computer. :slight_smile: