Outdoor pictures washed out either in bright sunlight or nighttime

I’ve installed the Wyze Cam v3 outside my garage in a shaded area and not directly to the sun. The camera gives out a completely white screen on bright sunny days and black screen at night (only shows the garage light). I tried to play with different resolutions and modes but cannot resolve the problem. The camera only shows clear pictures either during cloudy days or in the evenings before getting dark. I think the camera’s aperture is the problem but there is no way to adjust the aperture of this camera. Appreciate if anyone can give me any suggestions and ideas to resolve this issue. Thanks

I have the new V3 floodlight which is marketed as a security light and it has the same issue. Faces + plates are imperceptible with the light on or off at night. Wyze needs to figure this out. Wyzecam Floodlight washes out faces and plates at night

Welcome to the user-to-user community, @oht! Sorry for the delay, I did not notice this before @bartjoebob posted.

I’ve asked the volunteer moderators to give you permission to post pictures of what you are seeing.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uploading: Screenshot_20211026-092335_Wyze.jpg…

The first screenshot shows the pic at night. The second screenshot show picture in the morning before the sun is fully shining on the ground. Thanks

1 Like

Wow, picture 1 is dramatic, all right! I wouldn’t expect that either. To make sure the light in view isn’t clamping down on the camera aperture, could you swing the camera to the right a bit and eliminate it from the frame?

Picture 2 hasn’t uploaded yet. Is something wrong?

“Uploading: Screenshot_20211026-092335_Wyze.jpg…”

I don’t think it’s only an aperture problem. When it works, without swinging the camera, it looks great. But I don’t know when it will work or not work.

1 Like

Now that’s what I would expect. I’d contact Wyze for advice or a replacement:

Customer Support

There are many ways to contact Wyze. Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturday.