Opinion of Wyze Selling Disposable Surgical Masks to Public

Wyze is now selling KN95 masks.

2 Likes

Wyze should be careful about selling these to medical personnel and institutions .
They are not the same US Certified N95 mask .
They should read this article . Low-Quality Masks Infiltrate U.S. Coronavirus Supply:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we-werent-protected-low-quality-masks-infiltrate-us-coronavirus-supply/ar-BB13xHSO?li=BBnb7Kz

1 Like

Correct, they are not the same as N95. They are not NIOSH certified. Here’s what Wyze’s site says about them:

Complies with GB 2626-2006 to meet KN95 standards, which is on the CDC list for “Use of respirators approved under standards used in other countries that are similar to NIOSH-approved N95 respirators.”

Here’s a good explanation of the differences:

Bottom line differences: N95s and KN95s are both rated to capture 95% of particles, although only KN95 masks are required to pass fit tests. N95 masks have slightly stronger requirements for breathability.

3 Likes

I ordered masks on 4-21 and order page says processing! WTF.? Why say 4-5 day shipping when you are lying! Can’t contact anybody thru support or email. This company is not very responsive!

1 Like

My support ticket is Wyze Ticket 565497]. No one has contacted me!

Why is it the Wyze deleted my comment a few days ago displaying that they have no problem stomping on freedom of speech yet continues to spam me with other replies on the topic that I never signed up to receive in the first place. Wyze you can keep your crappy product, an old smart phone or web cam works better than your junk you are peddling. Remove me from your mailing list your company is a disgrace.

Thanks Wyze for helping us out with the mask situation (both the low-end and the better KN95). Now can you bulk buy some disposable gloves too? This may be the next item that goes into severe shortage. The lead times on a LOT of the ones on Amazon seem to be weeks now. The other item that has been very difficult to find has been disinfectant spray (like Lysol or Microban 24). The home-grown disinfectant/hand sanitizer solutions rely mainly on Isopropyl Alcohol 91% which is in short supply too!
There is no reason for any type of alcohol to be in short supply! Moonshiners is one of the most popular shows on cable!

2 Likes

@davisdesigns.fab Your previous post was deleted for violating the Community Guidelines as being off topic.

Per your request, I have disabled all emails to your account that are generated by the forum.

For emails from wyzecam.com, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email to disable those.

I want to add my thanks to Wyze offering the masks and thermometer as well. Both items are very hard to come by at this time. I have not had any issues with long delivery times. They may be a bit longer than normal when ordering a Wyze product but get a grip, WE ARE in the middle of a pandemic!

I used the disposable mask for the first time the other day. It was comfortable and although it isn’t a (K)N95 mask, it still prevented me from infecting others and helped stop droplets from going directly on my mouth/nose area. It even has an integrated metal piece on one side so it can be fitted around your nose. I really do not understand the issue here!

4 Likes

I finally tried out the iHealth KN95s and I am pretty impressed. They are decent masks. No I didn’t do the burning or water tests - at $4 a pop I’d rather just use them.

But they fit well across both nose and chin, have an adjustable nose band (feels like a stiff twist tie) and don’t leave any real gaps. I didn’t even fog up my glasses with these, although that’s probably because it’s become warmer out.

The only downside is they can become a little painful around the ears.

I’m thinking of getting some of the cheaper surgical style ones and maybe another set of KN95s (from Wyze this time instead of iHealth).

2 Likes

Some posts were removed that did not follow the Community Guidelines, specifically the following sections. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

Everyone is price gouging when it comes to N95 face masks (or really any sort of “face mask”; not sure where you get your news from, but you shouldn’t spread #FakeNews.

You really thing that 10 KN95 makes cost $29.99 or 20 for $59.99 prior to the whole COVID thing? Absolutely not! Even the cheaper disposables are priced higher than they were prior to the current events. We use to get 100 of $13-15 to use in the woodshop when sanding or varnishing. Now we have to spend $20-30 for 50 mask (or less)

Also note that the mask being sold on Amazon, are not SOLD by Amazon. Amazon is an open marketplace, the seller of the items set their own prices. Amazon is not responsible for the prices that a company/seller wants to charge for products they own and have the right to sell for whatever price they want.

I just saw a commercial on tv for some blue rectangle disposable masks.

10 masks for 20 bucks but if you act now you can get 20 masks for 40 bucks plus shipping.

Wyze ain’t such a bad deal in this climate.

2 Likes

I ordered the KN-95 masks because my husband is very high risk, has a history of a heart attack, stroke, and uses CPAP to breathe at night. He needs to go for lab work and testing, which we have held off on due to the virus. I got these masks thinking they are comparable to the N-95 masks sold here in the USA as these are the ONLY safe way for my husband to leave the house. I received them today and am VERY disappointed. They are flimsy little masks that say, “NOT FOR MEDICAL USE” and are worthless to me right now. These are NOT the ones anyone in medical care would use.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Question, who is the manufacturer? I am worried it has failed the new CDC testing: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/respirators/testing/NonNIOSHresults.html.

1 Like

The box says iHealth Inc. I spent an hour on the internet trying to find out the answer. Just wish Wyze had been upfront with the way they advertised the product.

Photos of all sides of the box are here: Wyze Selling KN95 Masks - #52 by Loki

kbstoniers,
N95 respirators are independently tested and KN95 respirators are self designated. In other words, the manufacturer states that they pass a test. Unfortunately, that may not always true.

If you can find a cartridge type respirator, they are much better at filtering aerosols than the typical masks.

If you can’t find anything for purchase you may want to consider making your own. I found this article that compares different fabrics and then compares the filtering efficacy to a N95 respirator.
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

1 Like

Yes this is a great deal. But the problem I am having with the blue mask is every time I wear one, one of the elastics pops off. Every single time! I have looked closer at the glue job and some are glued down way better. I am now putting a staple through each 4 elastics before I use it hoping it will keep them from coming off mask. Good price yes, but for a price if you know what I mean.

1 Like