Notifications not working - Push notifications ON

I have the same problem. Notifications do not work! I have sensitivity turned up to 100 and motion is very obvious - I’m standing right in front of the camera. Nothing gets sent to my iPhone.

Very disappointed. This is why I bought the camera!
I was wondering why it was so much cheaper than a Nest. I guess this is why.

This means you can’t use it as a security cam.

Which camera are you having issues with, the V2 or Pan?

Same issue here with push notification on Pan. Firmware 4.10.3.60. Just set up the camera yesterday. It recorded an event last night so that appears to be working. Also have a problem with IFTTT appelet. Trying to configure appelet “sVLTFNdE” to text me when motion is detected but continually get " Wyze seems to be down right now"

I had the same problem. Go to Account - App Settings - make sure notifications are on. Mine were turned off

It’s not that. It’s a known bug. Wyze told me they are working on a fix.

I just received my Pan. All notification options are on. App, phone and settings. I can receive notifications from my door sensors, but not the pan cam. I can see the Events but am never notified. My firmware is up to date 4.10.3.60 using Samsung Galaxy S8+ with Android 8. I’ve reset the camera but still no joy. What’s the point of a security cam if it won’t notify you. Any suggestions? Should I delete cam, app then start over? Do I need to manually transfer firmware to SD card?

Did they say when this bug will fixed?

Nope. Just that they are working on it

I am having a similar problem with my notifications while using my Wyze sense.
It works fine for a while, couple of hours to days, then a line will appear going thru the bell icon. That’s how i know why I am not getting my notifications.
I have check all setting from my iPhone to each camera on my app. All are as they should be.
I have two trouble shooting tickets open and have had an extensive chat session with Wyze. NO ONE has gotten back to me as of yet.
Don’t know what to do except periodically check my app to see if a line is going thru the bell icon. I know this can’t be the mwah this was designed to work.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have already, deleted and reinstalled my app and that did nothing.
Thanks

While setting up Wyze sense I noticed that if my Moto X4 Android 9 is in sleep mode I do not receive notifications until I unlock and wake the phone, then all the missed notifications come flooding in. I also have an older Moto E4 Android 7 that has the same issue. it seems my Wyze cam notifications have this issue as well but i never noticed until now.

I have turned off battery optimization and data restrictions for the wyze app but the problem persists. I do receive Gmail, Aquamail,starbucks, Instagram etc without issue

Does anyone have a Moto phone with this issue or know how to solve it ?

Many people are having this problem
See this link and Send in a support request with your Description

1 Like

Same prob here…notifications (recordings) are working BUT I receive no alert on the phone.
I have to manually look and see if an event was triggered.
Looking forward to a fix.

Perdido Beach

1 Like

I received my Wyze Cam PTZ today and got everything working except the email notifications for Events. I am using a Pixel 3 Android cell phone. The motion events are being recorded. It is strange that I did not see anything in the setup that asked for an email address for event notifications. I guess it uses the email address that you entered when you first registered this device. Without the email Event Notification, the cam is of little use to me - so I guess I will return it to Amazon.

2 Likes

You do get notifications of events In the app And you can continuously record If you have an SD card in the camera But they are not set up to send email Notifications.
You can set it up to get email notifications with IFTTT

More Info
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022543292-Wyze-Cam-User-s-Guide

1 Like

I am sorry, but this looks like a bug as opposed to “the Wyze is designed to not send notifications”. Per the Wyze Info " You can turn on Send push notification to receive a push notifications from a specific device on your phone or tablet when your device detects motion or sound based on your Event settings." I am not familiar with IFTTT.

This sounds like a misunderstanding of how the push notifications work. They are pushed to the Wyze app, not to your email. That is why @HDRock mentioned IFTTT, as that is a way to get notifications sent via email. The Wyze app does not natively provide that function, so it’s not a bug…it’s by design. :slight_smile:

Please see the Event Videos and Push Notifications sections in the Wyze Cam User’s Guide (the link @HDRock also posted for you).

1 Like

Sorry - I am confused. I thought I saw a large number of previous comments about the push notification not working. I just installed the IFTTT app and created an email trigger for motion detection. The trigger worked, but there was an error message in IFTTT “There was a problem in the Gmail Service”, so the email never went out.

That is an error on the IFTTT or Gmail side, not Wyze’s. I’m not a IFTTT expert, so I really can’t be much help on this. Maybe someone who is more versed in IFTTT can provide some input. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like you got familiar pretty quick :+1:

If was pretty easy. I watched this Youtube video: Using IFTTT With Wyze Cams - YouTube

1 Like