Notifications not working - Push notifications ON

Yes you are correct that is what the bell is for, I’m happy that you were able to get your problem resolved.

1 Like

I noticed i did not and still do not get any info in the notifications/events tab of the app.

I had the app up all weekend and walked by the camera numerous times to trigger it. i can see it following me and using tracking but never records the 12 sec clip.

i do see stuff in the playback mode so i know it is recording.

any thoughts?

thank you for your support.

Event recording to the mSD card is independent of the cloud recording setup. Be sure you have also enabled cloud events as described here:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019931631-Event-Settings-Cloud

recording works. notifications do not.
not getting 12sec clip

Hi @CJ454, I think you should try some of these troubleshooting tips. Let me know if the notifications are still not working after trying the steps.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019707412-Not-receiving-push-notifications

thank you . yes i already tried that. seems to only be affecting my pan/tilt cameras. the others get the 12 sec video in the alert section.
ill try to deinstall the app but seems to be the same across 3 android and 1 iPhone device.

Hah! Perfect. Thanks.

“ 1. Confirm that the bell icon in the top right corner of the Home page does not have a line through it.”

That was my trouble. Not sure what caused the change but once I tapped the noted bell icon and changed it from line through it to no line through it, I started getting notifications as usual.

I regret that the solution seems to be not this simple for everyone.

1 Like

Like many others on here, my notifications are not working. Events are triggered and recorded no problem.
Cam v2, firmware v 4.9.3.64
Wyze app v 2.0.26
Asus phone ASUS_Z01HD running Android 8.0.0
Notifications enabled in app (bell icon with no line through it, ‘Send push notification’ selected under Event Recording.
Notifications enabled on phone for Wyze app.
I’ve tried cycling the power on the cam, rebooting the phone, deleting the cam and reinstalling, deleting the app and reinstalling.
Notifications DO come through if the app is open when the event is triggered. This is not particularly useful for the user, however.
Other applications (e.g., Twitter) send through notifications without issue.
I have a ticket with tech support: Wyze Ticket 178861

Same here
Do some notifications come through if you push the button and wake your phone up ?

No. Do you get some when you wake up your phone? What type of phone are you using?

Yes if I push the button and wake my phone up I might get 2, 3 or 15 Notifications all at once
Android v8.0- Samsung S9+

Update. I received a couple of suggestions from Wyze support, which prompted me to dig a little deeper into my phone settings. I think I have determined the problem. It was in the phone settings related to battery management. My version of Android has something called Auto-start Manager. When I set the Wyze app to ‘Allowed’, push notifications of events started coming through.

1 Like

can we change where our notifications go to …all I get on a beep on my phone. I’d like it to go to an email or to a text message…how can we change that?

There are no email or SMS notifications available. You can vote for those here:

You can also use IFTTT. The IF trigger would be when Wyze detects motion and the THEN action would be send an SMS or email. However, IFTTT’s built in SMS is limited to 100 per month. More than that and you’d have to use a 3rd party SMS sender triggered by IFTTT.

Hey guys,

Could you tell me how long is the notification delay?
I have seen some reviews on YouTube and it was between 12-17 sec. Has it been improved with the updates?

If you are timing from when the motion first starts, that sounds about right. That’s because the notification is not generated until the 12 second clip is recorded. So the notification would not happen until at least 12 seconds after the motion starts, plus any transmission delays.

And what if you record to card. It it still roughly 12 sec?

Push notifications are tied to the motion/sound/CO/smoke detection cloud events. There is no relationship to SD card recording, which is completely independent. There is no notification feature for purely SD card recording.

Thx.
What do you think is it possible to improve that notification delay with a software update? I am not really an expert in this thing. But would be nice to get that notification less than 5 sec.

The first 12 seconds (not sending the push until the video is uploaded) is really baked into the comm process, so I don’t think that’s going to change. Any further delay is mostly a function of your internet connection speeds, so somewhat under your control. But that said, these cameras are not meant to be fully “real time” in terms of notifications.