No push notifications today....

I am not getting any push notifications on my phone. I open the app and click notification there are recordings. Shouldn’t I be getting the push notifications? Thanks

Same here.

I’m having the same issue. The cameras are recording correctly, and I see the motion events on the app, and all the notifications are turned on in my phone settings for the app, but I’m not getting any banners, badges, or sounds on my phone when an event happens.

I did two things. I logged out of the app and logged back in. I also unplugged my cameras and restarted them. I’m now getting notifications.

I had the same issue. I ended up un-installing the APP and Re-installing it and it worked for me.

You can also try Logging OFF and Logging IN and power cycling the camera.

Thanks… I just did the same and it’s all working again!

Thanks to David in the support team, who provided me with the instructions.

I am not getting any push notifications on my phone. I open the app and click notification there are recordings. Shouldn’t I be getting the push notifications? Thanks

no notifications since a week now on 2 very important cameras, notifications are saved in wyze app notification app but no push notifications at all on android, they used to work first part of march, i tried everything people suggested restart, reinstall even priority notifications for wyze high, nothing works, this product is nearly useless if i dont hear, get push notifications because its setup in place where we trying to catch someone breaking in. Can someone from company devs reply and update us on this critical issue about this product? Amazon reviews is my next place to start posting if we dont hear something back, thanks for ur time.

Hey everyone! We know many people (including myself) are having notification issues. I’ve already posted similar on other forum threads but please email support@wyzecam.com so we can understand your specific situation and use that information to help troubleshoot where the issues are occurring. We are working on this as fast as we can but any information you can give us helps. Thanks for your time and patience!

my notifications stopped about a week ago. cameras are recording but i am not getting notifications!

I have had no notifications for a week. I have 3 cameras that I am attached to in two different houses and the results are the same.
Tried logging out and then back in : No effect.
Just uninstalled and reinstalled : No effect.
I cannot power cycle because I don’t have access to them right now. but I have power cycled one of them in the last week for a connectivity issue.

Still no Joy. Any suggestions?

I agree it’s very frustrating there is no point having the cameras if you don’t get the notifications. I had someone very helpful work with me through facebook the other day trying hard to resolve it for me. They were great but sadly nothing we tried worked :frowning: Trying to be patient but it’s hard this is an important feature

yes it is very frustrating. i emailed support but have not got an answer. the notifications should always work. it should not be necessary to power on and off, log in and out, uninstall and reinstall!!!

I got notifications ( a couple of them ) today after I did a “clear data” and then logged back in.

Uninstalling didn’t do any good because for some reason the uninstall script did NOT remove the cached data. ( that is something that Wyze should probably fix )

I also checked the permissions again to write to protected folders and set them again to “allow”

But, I did get some notifications again. Not consistent so, not sure if that is a complete solution.

Hope this helps someone.

D

Hey guys!

On Monday (4/2) there was a Android Wyze app update V1.2.76 that has had reports of success with some notification issues. If you’re on Android and haven’t updated to this version of the app yet, we would highly recommend doing so!

There are still notification issues occurring and our development team is actively working on these for another update in the near future! Keep your eyes peeled over the next couple weeks :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your patience with this issue! We really appreciate it :slight_smile:

The latest update, 1.2.76, did not fix the ongoing problem of not getting notifications, even after phone restart and turning cameras off and back on, both, with a Pixel 2 XL and an older HTC phone.
After such a long wait of malfunction for some 2 update versions, still waiting for instructions and a fix from WyzeCam staff.
This is a major problem that is rendering the whole system completely useless. This has also stopped us from buying more cameras and from recommending them to acquaintances.

Please try the following that I wrote in a response earlier:

<h5>I got notifications ( a couple of them ) today after I did a “clear data” and then logged back in.</h5> <h5>Uninstalling didn’t do any good because for some reason the uninstall script did NOT remove the cached data. ( that is something that Wyze should probably fix )</h5> <h5>I also checked the permissions again to write to protected folders and set them again to “allow”</h5>

This may or may not work for you but just trying to help out a fellow user

I have been using tiny cam pro in the meantime with the wyze cams(version 1). The problem with the tiny cam it needs to be run in background mode. I am expecting a Nvidia shield today. If I can get tiny cam up and running on that I will be good.

I did read on the wyze Facebook page that the next app update will fix the notification issues.

extremely disappointed with the lack of response from wyzecam. they have always responded in the past. something is not right here. i am beginning to regret my purchase.

What’s your support ticket number, so I can make sure you get a response from our tech team?