No push notifications today....

Hi there! I’m Mary, one of the Leads from Wyze Cam support, and PennyWyze is one of our Tier 1 techs.

Thank you for your help, I also unplugged and plugged back the cameras, but it did not help.

I have not received alert notification for about a week now.
At first, I was getting less frequent. But now I get one or two a day.
I have power cycled the camera a few times already. I have 1.2.76 app.

Well crap :frowning:
Maybe some sort of Voodoo dance might help?
Yea. something in the last update or two borked* things.

• borked is a specialized term used by some of us developers that get in a group and blame the guy on vacation for screwing up our code.

:slight_smile:

Did the update and it still isn’t working, what I don’t understand is what happened? I was getting notifications just fine for months and then they suddenly stopped. Honestly i’m about ready to start looking for new camera systems as these are useless to me without notifications. I also recommended them to a friend who also has an android before i realized this was an ongoing problem…they of course don’t get notifications either. So I really regret having them get them.

Hi!

While improving our notification servers, we ran into some issues server-side that have been causing these missing push notifications. The next app update to be released within the next couple weeks should resolve these issues. This will definitely be a temporary problem!

Thank you for all of your patience! :slight_smile:

Hope my house doesn’t get broken into/robbed in the next two weeks. As all the recording is done locally and even short video’s are not “on your phone” until you download them, these become totally useless.

I just now put in a trouble ticket myself. I read somewhere that it may be an Android OS software update that is causing the problem.

BTW, Mary (Streetwyze) in Tech Support has been quite helpful to me in the past and we can trust whatever she says–NO BS from her! I trust that they are working on the problem.

Just now uninstalled/reinstalled V1.2.76–one cam pushed the notification and the other did not!

Is the glass half empty or half full??!!

received this response to a ticket -

PennyWyze wrote:

Hi!

While improving our notification servers, we ran into some issues server-side that have been causing these missing push notifications. The next app update to be released within the next couple weeks should resolve these issues. This will definitely be a temporary problem!

Thank you for all of your patience! :slight_smile:

Coincidental as this may seem, about two hours ago the push notifications began coming through to my mobile phone on both of my Wyzecams.

Did you fix it, even though the S/W update fix is not due for a few weeks?

Please advise on the status of this system.

Thank you in advance.

so no fix yet correct? i ask because i saw some update come out for app but it did not fix notifications for any of my cameras.

Brand new V2 cam that I just received yesterday. No notifications with my iPhone. Software App 1.2.84

Fixed- Uninstalled iPhone app and unplugged cam. Reinstalled app on phone BEFORE plugging in cam. One simple thing that people could be doing when installing the app is not “allowing phone to receive notifications”. You don’t have to share location but you would have to agree to receive notifications during the install of the app. Plugged cam back in and once it came back up I received notifications for events before I reinstalled the app. Will play around with more when I have time but this is just something for everyone to try. AGREE TO ACCEPT NOTIFICATIONS DURING THE APP INSTALL PROCESS!!!

Also no push notifications.

Brand new V2 received today. Updated cam firmware to 4.9.1.34, Android app version is 1.2.76. Notifications are allowed from the apps push notifications toggle, and are allowed in the android app manager. I am running Android Marshmallow on an (older) Galaxy S5.

On the other hand, the camera has really great low light sensitivity - we are having a rainy mess today and just using the light from the widows produces really nice pictures that look like sunlight was streaming in! Also the resolution appears to be great as spec-ed.

PennyWyze, since you state it is a server-size issue, but then say that an app (client-side) update will resolve the issue, does this have anything to do with clock synchronization issues? If so, would using the Advanced Settings “Sync Time” help?

The latest app update (beta) has fixed the notifications! I’m getting them ALL! This update also has the “select area to monitor” as a selection. Which is a BIG +

Is there a link to download from and install this beta update?

RE: The latest app update (beta) has fixed the notifications! I’m getting them ALL! This update also has the “select area to monitor” as a selection. Which is a BIG +

Yes, please tell us is an Android App past 1.2.76 is available… Got my V2 cam yesterday, recorded about 100 motion events, but not one push notice… all settings are correct.

And yes again, a mask is badly needed to mask off part of the image from motion sensing. With the very wide fish eye lens, the motion detection is much too easy to trigger.

well, they finally responded but were of no help. i am still having the same problems as everyone else here!

notifications were working just fine, so why did wyze break them!!! i recommended these to several friends. now i look like a fool. never again!