Not getting notifications

Hi, @dubosechuck. Welcome! Notifications will only come through the Wyze app, not text and email. See my post #16 above for the support link. :point_up_2:

All a sudden no notifications.
It works after I found in this forum how to clear App data (Android).
relog in. setup etc.

1 Like

Mine use to work. I have a few cameras and only a couple work all the time the others work when they want to. I gave up on notices

I have tried everything. I’m over it. I lived them when I first got now they frustrate me. So I’m over it

1 Like

Here’s a summary of the notification settings. As @StopICU33 says, there are no texts or emails. There are only push notifications through the Wyze app.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the camera’s Settings > Notifications > Send Notifications > On/Off. When this switch is On, you can use the three switches below to separately control Person, Other Motion and Sound notifications. These can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. They do affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app. Make sure the bell icon does not have a slash through it.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

EDIT: Bullet point #1 modified to reflect current app layout.

1 Like

“Send Push Notification”
I cannot find such line under Notification setting. nor through Account.
It is only a slider ON/OFF with just “Notification”

You are absolutely right. The app has changed since I made up that canned text. I will edit the post above and fix the text in the can. Thanks for catching that.

It was the bell, I didn’t notice the slash through it. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I too am having issues - notifications are not being received - I’ve tried deleting the device - reinstalling - deleting app -reinstalling - all notification settings are enabled -still nothing

1 Like

My cameras will intermittently stop sending notifications too. I’ll get notifications from one but another, or vise versa. So I know it’s not a problem like the bell or banner settings or something like that. Happens every couple days. Restarting the camera through the app usually fixes it, but only for a couple days then I have to do it again. Unplugging the camera and plugging it in does not fix it, it has to be restarted through the app, but maybe try that.

1 Like

Can you provide me your current SD card information?

Also, I would like to know your wireless router settings. Is your wireless router has separate SSID on 2.4 and 5 Ghz?

Depends your router you may experience some connectivity issue and the same time somehow camera not sending notification anymore.

1 Like

What exactly do you want to know about the SD cards? They are 128gb Samsung evo selects. They are all basically full and overwriting the oldest clips as the cameras are set to constantly record in addition to the events. I have the 5ghz band on my router turned off completely. I don’t think it’s a connectivity issue because some cameras will send alerts when others won’t and all my other devices work fine without interruptions. All cameras show full strength of connectivity to the router.

1 Like

All camera has the same SD card?

Yes same exact ones

After months and months all my notifications have stopped. Co2 smoke and motion. Read and reread all of the above, and nothing. Reinstalled the app. Something is fishy.

2 Likes

Yes they appear to have killed notifications for people with older firmware. Either that or it’s broken. I’m surprised there aren’t more complaints.

1 Like

Notification never work correctly since I got V2.
Wyze should stop use their server to push out notifications if it is so unreliable.

Send alarm by email is much more reliable.

2 Likes

I’ve not been getting notifications for the past few days. Not on iPhone or iPad. Both have same app version. I uninstalled, and reinstalled the app. Notification bell is not indicating they are muted. Turned notifications off, then back on. Unplugged, plugged cams back in. Restarted router and modem. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I don’t think this is user error. Or an iOS issue. I’m on the same version of iOS that I was on when they were working.

3 Likes

I’m on the latest beta firmware, and having the same issue. I’m also surprised there aren’t more complaints.

2 Likes

I just bought a new camera - now the notifications will come through on one camera not the other. the only notification i have is for motion sensor. i also do not know if all notifications are coming through on camera new. i had old camera for approximately six to 8 months. new camera just purchased off amazon.

1 Like