No more playback on my SD cards…

Just trying to troubleshoot the issue. The timer information confuses me.

MicroSD Card recording has no timer function unless you are referring to a Time Lapse recording or have the cams controlled by a rule to power on only during certain times. The MicroSD Card is set for either Continuous Recording or Motion Event Recording.

There is a timer that can control when a cam records and uploads Event Videos to the server, but those are Event Videos in the Events Tab not microSD Card Playback Videos. The V3 has no such timer function.

What app version and firmware versions do you have running? Also, do you have a screenshot of the screen when it does this?

You should do a screen recording of what you are experiencing. It helps others interpret what you are describing.

It may also illustrate the actual problem, which, for example, could be 0.0 KB/s.

2 Likes

So I started this forum, bcuz earliest this month of March my cams were able to record*strong text* on my SD cards n do my play backs. Now since I did the updates it does not record anymore or it records but I can’t play them. It shows that I have a recording but will not play. Someone sent be saying, go back to this update numbers. But I can’t find it. I contacted Wyze but they said they wld send me an update to go back so I can do play backs. I updated them n still won’t work. I have not done anything to my cams cuz they were working perfectly well. Only time I wld mess with them is when the SD wld get full n wld delete the videos. That’s all….so I need help guys.

This issue has been posted in several other places on the forum. So it is not just you.

At this point, I don’t know that there is any solution that has been identified. I’m not sure if the cause has been identified either. Possibility of a firmware issue or an app issue…? Unknown. But, from the reports I have seen, it appears to be an IOS and Android issue, which makes me believe it may be firmware related.

One possible workaround mentioned in the other thread until a cause is found and a fix developed, is to change the SD Card Recording to Continuous. Users have indicated the problem doesn’t exist when recording to Continuous.

I have sent a request thru channels asking Wyze to take a look. Will post back if I hear anything.

In the mean time… If this issue was caused when you updated the firmware on the cam, you do have the option to manually roll back the firmware by downloading a prior version and flashing it with an SD Card. Links are below that can help you with that.

Same issue in all my 6 v3 cams, I see there is a motíon detected video but I can’t play back either

Please provide a screenshot where you see this. It sounds to me like this is from the Events UI which are not SD card videos. Those are cloud uploaded videos. SD Card Video Playback UI on the V3 does not have any indicators for Motion Detected.

Please note also that I have already replied to your other post on this issue in another thread. Determination needs to be made as to where this issue is occuring.

When I clicked on record events, I see operation failed message. If I take the SD card to my laptop, I can see the videos with no issues

I don’t believe this is an issue with the SD Card. I can see from the timeline that it is showing Event Recording. I believe this may be an issue with the app version, but that is just my opinion. What happens if you switch the SD Card Recording over to Continuous?

I tried that, same result

Here too the V3 can not do Playback – on iOS devices – but works correctly on Android

We get a small box saying “operation failed” on iPads and iPhones …
while the current image/time is diplayednrather than the selected .

Thanks for your reply, then it seems to be an issue with the iphone app

I had this issue on some of my cameras but not all. I pulled the sd cards out and found it was only my 64gb or higher cards doing it. Swapped to 32gb cards and they worked. Any chance the latest firmware is having issues with larger capacity cards?

1 Like

All my sd cards are 32 go

32 Gb

As mentioned before, I have this issue in my 6 cameras and using Iphone. Today I tested all cameras from a Samusung/Android phone and all of them worked fine.

So issue is related to the app in iphone. It is not an issue with the SD cards, etc

Indeed. Please take a look at these threads of others reporting the same issue. They are posting logs for the devs to pickup and look at over in one of them. It looks like this has already been reported to Wyze and they are looking at it.

1 Like

I’m having some problem with my G3’s If I don’t get a fix soon I’m discarding these and replacing with a functioning system. I’ve spent way to much time trying to fix this problem with no help from Wyze except refresh reboot etc…

Yes, This is frustrating. I have 6 cams that are basically useless without this feature, unless I’m watching them live all time…

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @pazzazz87! :raising_hand_man:

So here’s the thing. If this issue is an iOS App issue and the latest update somehow introduced an incompatibility between the app and the V3 SD Card player \ reader, the only way to fix it will be thru an additional app update or hotfix. Wyze is aware of the problem, so I can only assume they are working on the fix. It doesn’t look like a server side fix which are implemented much quicker than firmware or software fixes. That being said, it may take a minute to push a new build thru Alpha & Beta QA before a release is approved.

I don’t know how iOS deals with app reversions if they even allow for that at all. But on Android, in this case, I would be uninstalling the app and reinstalling the previous package.

I have the same problem now for months… can’t get it fixed.

SD Card In-app button (to see playback) just doesn’t works - won’t open a thing.

SD Card recording is either set to continuous or event and still the same issue. In details of the SD Card it DOES show memory usage, and recognizes the SD card fine. But still, playback is just not available.

Tried formatting several times the SD Card, and doesn’t fix it. Important to note, that SD Card @ PC/Laptop show all recordings, timelapses, etc., so CAM & SD Card DOES work, but Wyze firmware updates just broke the software (at least for Pan v3, because v2 works just fine).

Hope they truly fix this… because having playback for me is the most important thing to have…