New Events Page Icon...Why!

Now we have a new icon on our event recordings to advertise a Cam Unlimited Pro subscription. I already pay $99 a year so why would I pay more than double for a new subscription? Yeah, it’s supposed to be better blah, blah, blah. But my experience with their AI is that it’s hit or miss. I’m not going to pay $260 a year for this "better’ version and it upsets me that this invasive blue/green star icon is at the top of my event recordings, instead of in the settings were it belongs. Wyze is messing with what I am already paying for and that’s not cool.

Can you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing so I can go talk to the team about it?

I think they are speaking about this icon…

Yes! It’s on the main Events page and on every recorded event page.

When I tap on that icon a separate screen pops up for an option to subscribe to Cam Unlimited Pro.

That’s what I said.

Just don’t click it? That’s not obtrusive or taking over the screen.

Many companies (not just Wyze) will try to upsell you on products or services. The other day I was in Costco and was approached to upgrade to an Executive Membership. I politely said “No thank you, I am happy with my Gold Star card and price”.

I did not even notice a new Wyze icon on the Events page until I read this thread.

Literally every app that offers a service has tiers. My automatic pet feeder wants me to subscribe to a pet health recommendation service every time I accidentally hit a button in their app. I don’t find it intrusive because it’s not nagging me.

But, if your app has constant pop-ups to sell me the paid tier… that’s a no-go for me.